Slow Month

Anyone else having a slump? Last two months have been really bad, this month's report the worst in almost two years.

Comments

• HULSEYHULSEY UK Publisher
    Yes, absolutely. The last few months my book sales have dwindled and I'm aghast at todays sales figures. Funny thing is, I've been plugging my books more than ever on FB, Twitter, etc... Makes me think is it worth it? Granted, I write because I enjoy it, but the drop in sales is gut-wrenching. I was selling far more four years ago than I am now. So much for progression. 
  • TheJesusNinjaTheJesusNinja Teacher
    edited May 7
    I was also underpaid on one books by .39 per copy. Same thing happened last month. Support did take care of it that's two months in a row.  Guess I need to kick-start things and get more books out.
  • DysonLogosDysonLogos Bibliophile
    Last month was 0 sales for me on Lulu, and only $150 in PDF sales revenue on my other sales venue.

This month I've already hit about $300 between Lulu and my other venue. So not nearly as bad.

• Two of my books usually hit the top ten in their category at least once or twice a month. Last month they were lucky to reach top 100. I noticed today that one of them is at number seven. So it's picking up some.
  • potetjppotetjp Bibliophile
    I am worried when some people tell me they have recently bought such or such title of mine, and the title doesn't show up in the following months in the Lulu list of purchases. Isn't it reasonable to conclude that these persons planned to buy a title, but never came round to doing it?
    I definitely know some locals have purchased some of my books recently, so I'll wait and see if they appear on my sales next month. Anyone use Goodreads? I have numerous followers, supposedly reading my books, but the revenue I recieve does not show this. Maybe they are accessing the books through free pirate sites... I used to track my sales on a site, which Amazon barred. Since the removal of it, my sales have dropped drastically. Coincidence? I now check on Amazon Central, but know for a fact this is not accurate. Moan over...   
  • oncewasoncewas Librarian
    I too have seen some of my ebooks reviewed on Goodreads and I wondered why people would leave a review there instead of on Amazon where presumably (one hopes) the books were bought (the books in question not having been distributed beyond Amazon).
    April was a really bad month for me in terms of sales. In January, February and March of this year I sold more than I did in those months last year. And then along came April just to remind me not to get my hopes up too high. May is turning out to be average (fingers crossed) but of course I always hope to sell more than I did last year.
  • I kept track of my books using Novelrank for years. Amazon did ban it. It was fairly accurate and I never figured out why Amazon would rule against it. At least on Amazon KDP you can keep track of sales. I wish we had something here like that but I know that would be difficult because of all the outlets.
    Yes, Novelrank. That is the facility I was using until Amazon banned it. Pity. At least it gave us an idea how our sales are doing.
  • DysonLogosDysonLogos Bibliophile
    oncewas said:
    I too have seen some of my ebooks reviewed on Goodreads and I wondered why people would leave a review there instead of on Amazon where presumably (one hopes) the books were bought (the books in question not having been distributed beyond Amazon).
    A lot of people use GoodReads to track what books they own, what books they have read, and what's on their to-read lists.

Overall, GoodReads provides a lot of services that Amazon doesn't, and thus a lot of readers put their reviews there while tracking their library.