Where do I add the price on my print book?

Another question from an absolute beginner!

I've managed to design my book cover OK using Lulu's cover wizard, but how can I add the price? Looking on my book shelves it's usually in the ISBN block along with the bar code, but this doesn't appear to be the case with the bar code I've downloaded.

I was going to put it on the rear cover, but can't find any text boxes, or the ability to add one. I'd also like to add a little centred text on the back cover, but again, I'm struggling to find out how to do it.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Hi PeteBrooks,

We do not add the price to the back cover because your content will be distributed in multiple currencies.

I recommend to review our Print Book Distribution Requirements article here as we elaborate our reasoning for this.

I am also sending a part of the article below:

"Lulu recommends that you do not display prices in multiple currencies on your cover. If you include a retail price on the cover, choose the currency in which the book was originally priced, otherwise daily currency fluctuations will create a mismatch between the price printed on the cover and the actual retail price, resulting in your book being rejected for distribution."

• Yes, I understand that. I'd like to include a price in GBP as I live in England. I'd just like to know how to do it!

"If including the retail price on the cover, it must exactly match the retail price for the book."

"If you include a retail price on the cover, choose the currency in which the book was originally priced"

Am I to assume that there isn't a way to do this in the cover wizard, and that I should add the price and any other text in Photoshop, flatten the image and then upload the finished jpeg as a pdf?

• Hi Pete,

You are correct, there is not a way to do this in the cover tool. You can upload a jpg of the back cover that has the price listed. 

Our cover tool does not accept PDF files. Only our one piece advanced cover tool (which requires back cover, spine, and front cover in one file) accepts PDFs.
  • Thanks Taylor, I understand now!