We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

David Musser

In the book I am creating I have photos that I put through a filter to make them look like pencil sketches. Should these graphics be rendered as: default, grayscale, or black/white? I have one photo that is not filtered and I made it grayscale, which I think is correct. Also, I can't find the answers you gave me previously. Do they just disappear after a certain amount of time? Thank you.

Answers

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Grandtada said:
    In the book I am creating I have photos that I put through a filter to make them look like pencil sketches. Should these graphics be rendered as: default, grayscale, or black/white?

Whatever you wish I would imagine. Greyscale may be the best option, but very faintness may not print well on the laser/bubblejet printers POD uses. The test is the Proof you should order in order to see what it looks like in print. I would suggest the image files you use to be jpgs.

Also, I can't find the answers you gave me previously. Do they just disappear after a certain amount of time? Thank you.

Not normally, they just scroll away in to the past as new postings are made. What was it? Was it his?   http://connect.lulu.com/en/discussion/353378/distributing-on-lulu-and-global#latest

(Click on your icon next to your name at the top right and it will take you to a page that allows you to see what you have posted in the forums. That's how I found that.)

• I would make them grayscale to capture the fine shadings. True B&W will look probably not give the effect that you desire.