We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

pocket book distribution?

Hi all, I was planning to publish my next novel in the pocket book size, (4.25 x 6.87") but when I looked at the 'eligible for distribution' page I saw this notice in the listings: "If your book is in any of the formats listed below, it is eligible for limited distribution to Amazon’s distribution channels." The pocket book size was listed here, so what does it mean by "limited distribution?"

Comments

• oncewasoncewas Librarian
    Probably that it can be listed in the Amazon bookstore but nowhere else. If I were you, I would just go for it. Extended distribution is way overrated.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    I used to use that size, then discovered that it's disproportionally more expensive than A5. Not only that, you can get more words on an A5  :)
  • Yes, you can get more on A5 but this size also comes under the list of "limited distribution to Amazon's distribution channels." I'm still unclear what this means?
  • The limited distribution generally means we won't be able to get the listing on all the Amazon stores we have access too. For example, a particular size might not be supported by Amazon's printing network in a given region, so they won't accept it.
    Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't specify much of anything regarding what can be listed in which stores. They simply mark some formats as limited.
  • Okay, as long as it's on Amazon UK, USA and Canada I'm good as most of my sales are here.