We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

No ISBN for coil-bound?

Looking at the distribution requirements etc. (http://connect.lulu.com/en/discussion/33150) it seems that coil-bound books are NOT eligible. Am I reading this correctly?

I am making my book available in three versions: perfect-bound softcover, coil-bound softcover, and wraparound hardcover. My personal favorite is the coil-bound because it lies flat. I'd imagine that there are many types of books where this would be popular - cookbooks is the first that comes to mind (even though mine is not a cookbook).

If I am indeed correct, can anyone offer an explanation for this rule? The only one that comes to mind is that retailers like it when there is a title on the spine so that potential buyers might notice it, and this is not possible with coil-bound.  Yet I'm pretty sure that I saw coil-bound (and saddle-stitch) books the last time I was in a brick-and-mortar Barnes & Noble, and I can't believe they didn't have an ISBN.

Any ideas? advTHANKSance

Comments