Adding to Series on Amazon?

Last month, I released the 2nd book in a series. For Amazon, I know they can group books by series, but at the moment neither my eBook, nor my paperbacks are linked up. How do I accomplish this? Also for my Gorp the Goblin series, on Amazon the eBook and Paperback of the 2nd book are not linked up either. Does this one happen over time?
Tagged:

Comments

• One more thing, I've updated the price of my paperback to match the other I have listed, but it's still reporting the old price, how long does it take for paperback prices to update for example on Amazon?
  • oncewasoncewas Librarian
    There is a facility, when publishing on Amazon, to state that the book is part of a series. I don't believe that is there with Lulu so that information can't feed through to Amazon. I think you might have to ask Amazon is they could do this for you. It can take a while for the price change to feed through.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Amazon will lump them altogether under your name, usually, but they cannot be linked as a series. When publishing at Lulu It's not actually you who puts them on to Amazon or any other site, it's Lulu, and the ISBNs.

You can use here >>   https://authorcentral.amazon.com/    but even so you have limited control over the books you place there via Lulu.

• Thanks Just Kevin, I'm on Author Central already and know about Lulu placing our books on Amazon. I'm also in a lot of author publishing groups and hear and see all these neat features that Amazon offers people publishing through them like linking books within a series. Also, having to create my own EPUB recently for Lulu, I saw an area for series and was wondering if somehow this data could be passed over via Lulu to link our books as series on Amazon. 
  • oncewasoncewas Librarian
    I don't know if it is still the case, but there was a time when Lulu would send ebooks into distribution without keywords so I wouldn't assume just because you saw an area within Lulu for information about series that this would necessarily feed over to Amazon.
    That they all normally appear on a writer's/publisher's pages one would hope that potential buyers would notice which are in a series. But what some people who use Lulu ask for is to link them in a way that buyers get a discount if they buy sets. I think it's possible if you directly use KDP/CreateSpace, but I have never looked in detail, I only use Amazon for Mobis.
  • Jon RayJon Ray Author
    I ended up emailing Amazon support and got my books grouped into a Series so they can be listed or show up as a series. 
    Issue resolved. 
    That's only on Amazon though. What about everywhere else?