We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Status Needs to be Direct Access

AuntySocialiteAuntySocialite Llareggub, Wales, UK Writer
Now I am having problems changing the status of my project to Direct Access - I want that link I can give to reviewers, comp winners, and family so they can download a free copy of my novel. Followed instructions as given me by Lulu chat but my book either ends up available only to me, or to everyone on Lulu.com. Many thanks in advance.
'A dog judges others not by their colour or creed or class, but by who they are inside.'

Tagged:

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    I assume you first had it set to Private? You should be able to reset via your My Projects list. Then click on the Project. Then on the page that opens, scroll down, and the settings are there. You should be able to change them. Don't forget to Save any changes.
  • AuntySocialiteAuntySocialite Llareggub, Wales, UK Writer
    Yes, that's exactly what I did, but it still came up as either Private or in the Lulu store... I'm giving up. I think my browser is possessed. I have decent epub and mobi conversions now, will just pass them along myself and when it's ready, make it for sale. Thanks for your help anyhoo.
    'A dog judges others not by their colour or creed or class, but by who they are inside.'

• I would touch base with support on this. I don't know why it wouldn't be updating the status, but we should look into that. And most likely update the status for you.
    Delete the temp files on your PC perhaps?
    I will try both. I would like to be able to make my ebook available as a gift. Will I need two separate projects?
    Again, apologies for all the questions: once I get it down, hopefully I will be able to help others in the future. I can't say how pleased I am with my print version :)

If you also wish to set a price for it then yes. A Direct Access one set at $0, and a General Access one set at whatever you wish to charge. According to the Stats Amazon collect, around $2.99 is the popular price for e-books. At least on Amazon!
    Don't forget that only people you give the address to can see and use a Direct Access page.
    But don't also forget that if you want to, you can always download the ePub from your My Projects and then email it to people.
    That is probably the best way, the second, much less time consuming. Now trying to get a Preview for the ebook but that's not working, either... good morning, Support Team, here I come!

You can upload a docx for the Preview I think.
    Gallwch lwytho i fyny docx Rwy'n meddwl :)
    edited January 19
    Da iawn, sir :) Siarad Cymraeg <3 ? Me: dwsgi, so dipyn bach... I eschew Word aka Weird :s as with my new PC they wouldn't even give you the steam off their tea, i.e. no Sampler, just useless Wordpad.
    I only use Scrivener & OO. 
    PS In case you were using Google translate I said, Well done, sir - do you speak Welsh? Me: learning, so a little bit :)

Ni allaf siarad gair Cymraeg
    OO can Save As docx can it not?

No - it looks bloody dreadful :(

You mean used as a Preview? But they all look bad, it's the Flash app that's used.