We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Subliminal, Liminal and Superliminal Marketing

I put my first round of stickers onto some chairlifts,  I need to redesign them. I've actively engaged strangers while I ride up with them, so I'm starting to develop my 'elevator' pitch. And I've handed out plenty of business-card size prints that have info on how to find my book.  Increase in sales so far... one ebook and one print. But at least I'm getting to talk to some nice people.
Tim Reinholt Author of Pow, a ski bum heist adventure

Comments

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

Selling books is hard; selling fiction even more so.

If you're like me you don't usually wait for someone to suggest something to you. If I am interested in a product I research it and buy it. On the other hand when I am in book buying mode and I am on Amazon and a page pops up, after I have purchased the book I was interested in, and searched for, showing me books I might be interested in I have bought some of those. So I do buy on impulse, but I have to be in book buying mode first. It would be no use someone saying 'buy this book' if I was not. And I don't usually buy books costing more than $0.99 when buying on impulse.

• Guerrilla Marketing. It's a thing.

Best of luck with it and let us know how it all turns out.
  • wildwindwildwind Publisher
    Years ago there used to be a book called Rice, Lamb, Squid and Fish which was given much prominence in the Lulu bookstore. Did it sell? Well, its sales rank on Amazon is over 14 million and I can't actually see a rank on Lulu. Marketing and promotion only work if people are receptive to the product.

Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones. Good luck.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    If you stare at the blank area for exactly ten minutes you will see an advert for one of my books

See the source image
  • Let us know how that works out for you, Kevin. It could become a new thing; the ads that you cannot see.
  • SeamusSeamus Creator
    It's like a unicorn, only those pure of heart can see it
    Tim Reinholt Author of Pow, a ski bum heist adventure
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Skoob_ym said:
    Let us know how that works out for you, Kevin. It could become a new thing; the ads that you cannot see.

It's not a new idea    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30878843