We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Coloring book layout

SunnySunny Australia Reader
Hi guys,

im new here so go easy on me :)
Im developing a kids coloring book where the front page can be colored in too.
32 pages of saddle stitch A4 book.
Just trying to get my head around the "Cover page", "title page", "copyright page"

i know copy right page comes after title page,
But is a title page the same as cover page if I am using saddle stitiching?

so it goes like this?
Cover/title (Front page)
Copyright page
*Start of content*
Blank [End of book]

please correct me if i am wrong, have seen that lulu doesnt print behind the cover page.

Sunny

Comments

• When you say having the front page available to be colored in do you mean the cover? If so, I would ditch that idea. In fact, I would ditch that idea even if it were for the title page.

Nothing is printed on the inside of the cover. The title page - with nothing but the name of the book - is the very first page, the copyright page is the second page and content can start on page three. One thing you might want to consider is only printing on one side of the sheet for a coloring book to prevent bleed through by whatever materials are used to color in. Sadly your 32 page book would have very little content and would be expensive compared to other books for sale, if you intend to offer it for sale. You could print on both sides of the page and advise that your book is only suitable for colored pencils.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    edited December 2018

im new here so go easy on me

We do our best :)

Im developing a kids coloring book where the front page can be colored in too.
    32 pages of saddle stitch A4 book.

That is not many pages. Consider that it's the cover that often costs the greater part of the total cost, and each page (black and white) costs peanuts.

Just trying to get my head around the "Cover page", "title page", "copyright page"

What do you mean by cover page? If you mean that you think that the cover is part of the page file/s, it is not (unless you are creating a PDF E-book, then it is.) The Cover is created later in a Cover Wizard by you using Themes it has, and/or uploading your own images to it.

So for now, forget about the Cover.

i know copy right page comes after title page,

Indeed. The Title page is often preceded by two blank pages, also.

But is a title page the same as cover page if I am using saddle stitiching?

No. The Title page is an actual page and is part of your file of pages. (That you create on your PC before uploading to a Project Wizard.)

so it goes like this?
    Cover/title (Front page)

Forget the Cover for now.

Copyright page

Yes.

*Start of content*
    Blank [End of book]

Indeed, often two more blank pages if you want an ISBN.

please correct me if i am wrong, have seen that lulu doesnt print behind the cover page.

The Cover is not a page  :) but no, nothing is printed on the inside of the Covers.

https://vimeo.com/album/4659697

It will almost double your page count (which has to be devisable by four anyway) by having each page after an image blank in case they do use felt-tips on it.

Sunny