We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Errors when upload an epub (created by Calibre) to lulu

An Error occured when I uploaded an epub file, which was created by Calibre to lulu.
Please let me know how to solve this error.

ERROR: SouthQueen.epub/content.opf(-1): Unable to locate a valid publication date.  A date with the event attribute publication (opf:event=publication) is required
ERROR(RSC-005): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_001.html(94,33): Error while parsing file 'attribute "value" not allowed here; expected attribute "class", "dir", "id", "lang", "style", "title" or "xml:lang"'.
ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,176): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,400): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,531): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,675): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,976): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,1105): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
ERROR: SouthQueen.epub(-1): Unmanifested file: META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt

Comments

• That's a lot of errors, not just one! but each one is telling you what the error is. I have never used it, but this may help >>>  https://www.calibre-ebook.com/help

• ERROR: SouthQueen.epub/content.opf(-1): Unable to locate a valid publication date.  A date with the event attribute publication (opf:event=publication) is required

ERROR: SouthQueen.epub(-1): Unmanifested file: META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt
    Those two are both Calibre standards that won't work with Lulu and require you edit the file. I've posted instructions here: http://connect.lulu.com/en/discussion/353147

ERROR(RSC-005): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_001.html(94,33): Error while parsing file 'attribute "value" not allowed here; expected attribute "class", "dir", "id", "lang", "style", "title" or "xml:lang"'.

This one is on the 94th line of the first file in the EPUB. There is literally the word 'value' as a CSS attribute, and our converter doesn't know how to handle that. I think those are generated when initially creating the EPUB if Calibre doesn't know how to handle an element. In any case, that instance of 'value' needs to be deleted.

ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,176): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
    ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,400): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
    ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,531): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
    ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,675): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
    ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,976): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
    ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,1105): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
    You've stumped me. I have no idea what these mean. The 'index_split_7' means the issue is in the 7th file/section of your EPUB. And it appears from the error you're dealing with images. So I'm guessing there's a chapter/section with 6 images in it.
    I would suggest deleting the images from your EPUB's image folder and re-uploading them.

And here's an image of the Image Upload window: