Errors when upload an epub (created by Calibre) to lulu

An Error occured when I uploaded an epub file, which was created by Calibre to lulu.
Please let me know how to solve this error.

ERROR: SouthQueen.epub/content.opf(-1): Unable to locate a valid publication date.  A date with the event attribute publication (opf:event=publication) is required
ERROR(RSC-005): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_001.html(94,33): Error while parsing file 'attribute "value" not allowed here; expected attribute "class", "dir", "id", "lang", "style", "title" or "xml:lang"'.
ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,176): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,400): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,531): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,675): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,976): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,1105): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
ERROR: SouthQueen.epub(-1): Unmanifested file: META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt

Comments

• That's a lot of errors, not just one! but each one is telling you what the error is. I have never used it, but this may help >>>  https://www.calibre-ebook.com/help

• ERROR: SouthQueen.epub/content.opf(-1): Unable to locate a valid publication date.  A date with the event attribute publication (opf:event=publication) is required

ERROR: SouthQueen.epub(-1): Unmanifested file: META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt
    Those two are both Calibre standards that won't work with Lulu and require you edit the file. I've posted instructions here: http://connect.lulu.com/en/discussion/353147

ERROR(RSC-005): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_001.html(94,33): Error while parsing file 'attribute "value" not allowed here; expected attribute "class", "dir", "id", "lang", "style", "title" or "xml:lang"'.

This one is on the 94th line of the first file in the EPUB. There is literally the word 'value' as a CSS attribute, and our converter doesn't know how to handle that. I think those are generated when initially creating the EPUB if Calibre doesn't know how to handle an element. In any case, that instance of 'value' needs to be deleted.

ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,176): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
    ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,400): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
    ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,531): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
    ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,675): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
    ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,976): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
    ERROR(MED-003): SouthQueen.epub/index_split_007.html(180,1105): Non-standard image resource of type application/octet-stream found.
    You've stumped me. I have no idea what these mean. The 'index_split_7' means the issue is in the 7th file/section of your EPUB. And it appears from the error you're dealing with images. So I'm guessing there's a chapter/section with 6 images in it.
    I would suggest deleting the images from your EPUB's image folder and re-uploading them.

And here's an image of the Image Upload window: