We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Please get rid of it

LarikaLarika Bibliophile
edited December 1 in Suggestions
I'm referring to the pop-up that pops-up constantly in Lulu. 

Lulu.com Cookie Preferences Notice   

I understand having it when I first enter Lulu, but I've agreed to optimize my experience by clicking yes so why does it come up again and again as I travel around Lulu. Surely once is enough. I suggest we only have to agree once instead of being harassed by that annoying pop-up.
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• It shouldn't appear again after accepting. I'll check into this on Monday.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    I do get that popup almost every time. This is the only site I regularly use that still does it when it's been clicked. It's a bit of a worry because when I shut my browser it auto-deletes unnecessary cookies, like those kinds that track your habits all over the internet.
  • So the banner does log a cookie in your browser, which remembers your choice. That cookie will get wiped if you have your browser set to do so, or if you use incognito browsing.
  • I do get that popup almost every time. This is the only site I regularly use that still does it when it's been clicked. It's a bit of a worry because when I shut my browser it auto-deletes unnecessary cookies, like those kinds that track your habits all over the internet.
    You're seeing it again because you wipe cookies. A cookie is the only way (that I'm aware of) to retain the information about your choice here, so any other site that you've accepted a similar banner on is doing the same thing.
    No other site I visit regularly keeps nagging, only here. Necessary cookies are retained on my PC.
  • LarikaLarika Bibliophile
    It's the same for me Kevin.
    Paul I figured out how to get my comment box back after I cleared cookies. (it went) The pop-up is connected with cookies. I guess we have to deal with it on our individual devices. However I haven't had this problem with any other site even with not clearing cookies.
  • I don't know exactly how the pop ups and such work, but we are using a very common piece of software to manage them and I've been told that they are built on an equally common template for GDPR warnings.
    My only thought is that our site's unsecure pages (like the forums) are marking the cookies in such a way that your browser is clearing them.
    Some pages, popups-whatever, could have cookies in that are nothing to do with site/page preferences and permissions. Tracer cookies, for example, that record your online visitations  to all other sites, that then upload the record to somewhere.
    BTW: It only happens when logged in to Lulu UK.
    edited December 12
    So true Kevin, I tried a few countries and it only happens in the UK Lulu store.
    It's fine now Paul. I stay in the US Lulu store and no annoying pop-ups.  :)