We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Getting into the library just takes a long time..

It took six months, but now it's in there! The local author shelf is nice, but I thought it looked better in "New Fiction"
Tim Reinholt Author of Pow, a ski bum heist adventure

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Well done. The fastest way in the UK is to Request it.
  • ahh, that makes sense!
    It will only appear in the library it has been requested from though! Just give them the ISBN and they will get it. The service costs 40p I think. Once you take it back, it's there forever.
  • LarikaLarika Bibliophile
    Well done Seamus. Are the 2 children, in the photo, yours? If they are, they are clearly delighted that their dad's book is in the library.
  • Yes, I think seeing it there made more of an impact on them than if it had reached a best seller list.
  • Your personal fan club is adorable. You know, you might take a shot at Children's Lit. to give them something that Daddy wrote and that they're allowed to read... Just a thought.

Your personal fan club is adorable. You know, you might take a shot at Children's Lit. to give them something that Daddy wrote and that they're allowed to read... Just a thought.t

<p That's a great idea Skoob. When my children were young I wrote a fantasy book for them called "Valderan Land of Children." They loved it. When my grandchild was about 9, I wrote a book for her called "Return to Valderan." She was the protagonist but we were all in it. (Just first names) She too was delighted that Grandma had written a book especially for her!  Your children would love a book Seamus written especially for them by Daddy.
  • Part of the motive in the book that TheJesusNinja and I did together was to give his nephew a special treat (the main character coincidentally has his nephew's name).
    A long time ago I did some illustrated nursery rhyme ones for my wife to take to school (primary school teacher) One had pull tab operated animations in it. Apparently they were well received. :)
    edited November 28
    Yes 3 of you collaborated on that novel Skoob. Ron did a brilliant cover. My grandchild is being brought up a Roman Catholic; would the book be appropriate for all Christians?
    Art is so useful in Primary school Kevin. I'm sure the children loved your books. If you have grandchildren you too might consider writing a book especially for them. My son not only wrote a book for his daughter, he collaborated with her. She did the art work! I published it here on Lulu.
  • Larika, There's nothing expressly non-Catholic in it, but at the same time it does not mention some of the Catholic-emphasis points, such as the stations of the cross. I think it would be suitable for any child, but I'm biased.

We aimed for the approximate reading level of TJN's nephew, which was 5-6th grade, or roughly 10-12 years old.

edited November 30
    Skoob, I've bought the eBook version and I'll read it first. My grandchild is almost 10 so she's the right age. My grandchild lives in California, so I presume (if it's right for her) Lulu can send it directly to her address in the USA. I live in the UK.
  • Larika said:
    Skoob, I've bought the eBook version and I'll read it first. My grandchild is almost 10 so she's the right age. My grandchild lives in California, so I presume (if it's right for her) Lulu can send it directly to her address in the USA. I live in the UK.
    I think I can speak for TJN and myself in saying that we thank you and would love to know your thoughts when you've finished.
    Indecently, in my car it only takes ten minutes to get in to the library.
  • SeamusSeamus Creator
    funny, I was just talking to a guy this weekend, telling him how to purchase my book, and he said, "Oh I'll just have my library order it in."
  • Indecently, in my car it only takes ten minutes to get in to the library.
    You're supposed to leave the car outside. Have you had the brakes checked?