We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Book sale didn't register

Back during the summer, a local acquaintance told me that she planned on buying my book. Some time in August she returned and asked me to sign it. She said that her father bought ii from her on Amazon. I have been checking my revenue and sales here for months but that sale never registered and I have received nothing for my work. Can anyone tell me what's going on here?

Thank you for responding!

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Amazon do not pay out until your revenue (based only on royalties, not retail value) has reach a certain amount. $20 I think it is.
  • Hi Nightwind03,

It takes Amazon and our other retailers about 6-8 weeks to report sales to Lulu.

I will be creating a support case for you so that we can investigate further.
    So it's changed that Amazon and other retailers don't pay out until a certain figure has been reached?
  • TheJesusNinjaTheJesusNinja Teacher
    edited November 21
    If you've made at least $5 after deductions and get paid by Paypal, you'll get paid monthly. If you get paid by check, it's quarterly and have to have made I think it's $25 after deductions. So if you only sold one book and are getting paid by check that would be why. Plus what Taylor said.

That applies to sales that are registered at Lulu though? I am sure what I said about sales at 3rd parties still applies.

If one publishes direct to Amazon using CreateSpace or KDP, as I do with books for Kindle, they changed payment rules a year or two ago to pay anything almost right away, even if it is just £0.50p. I do not think they changed that rule for books (etc.,) not published via KDP or CreateSpace. But Amazon will also pay directly in to a bank account, though, by auto EMT, or whatever it's called.

Amazon's? I would assume that what payment method one picks can make a difference to how one gets paid. As I say, Amazon can pay directly in to my bank account almost instantly by some kind of automatic web based technology. The POD site my art is on does the same also. It's a shame Lulu do not offer the same option.
  • On Lulu's site. Also payments can be 6 to 8 weeks late depending on when various sites report them.
  • In my case, it has been well over eight weeks since the sale occurred. I know it's not much money, but I just thought it would have shown up by now. Taylor Lulu, thank you for creating a support case for me. And thanks to all who responded here!
  • oncewasoncewas Librarian
    Kevin said
    So it's changed that Amazon and other retailers don't pay out until a certain figure has been reached?

Yes Kevin, it has changed, if it ever was. You sprout this religiously without it being true. Lulu receives payments from distribution partners, even if just a few cents ( I should imagine Lulu receives a lump sum from Amazon, Nook, etc). If your total payment is over $ 5 and you are using Paypal, then Lulu will make a payment to you. Otherwise you need to wait until your cumulative sales have reached $ 25.

Again, you keep going on about Amazon paying 'almost right away'; they do not. You can see your sale immediately but you do not get access to the money until 60 days after the end of the month in which the sale occurred. I know that you will argue about this but you are wrong. I am simply quoting facts. I get paid each and every month so I know what I am talking about. When the value date for payment is reached i.e. the date on which Amazon say they will pay you (for a sale that occurred many weeks prior) the funds will be credited to your bank account the same day but there is a huge difference between this and getting paid almost right away.

Please could you stop providing incorrect information. The only person whose interests are served by this are your own i.e. this compulsive need to comment on everything. I feel embarrassed on your part.

Nightwind

Are you taking into account the way Amazon's payments work? The money for any sales made in September will be sent across to Lulu at the end of November. Lulu will report it on te 5 th working day of December and pay the money to you on the 17 th of December, provided you have made the required minimum for payment.

Therefore a sale made on 01 September will be paid to you on 17 December. If that was the only sale you made then it is likely that you will have to wait until you make some more sales until you get paid, so that could happen on 17 January or February.

Kevin said

Yes Kevin, it has changed, if it ever was.

It surely was the case. And I bet it still is. That's what it said in Lulu's Help pages and what Lulu staff and other regs in here have always said.
    But Lulu Distribute to so many places, and so many other places can pick up on a book via its ISBN, that it is impossible for Lulu to be specific about how every retailer processess the payments. Lulu has to be generic >>

Why aren’t my retail sales displayed in My Revenues?

Print and eBooks sold on retail sites such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and the iBookstore do not immediately display on your My Revenue page. These sales are provided to Lulu through periodic sales statements received from each retail site. 

You sprout this religiously without it being true.

Is that clear enough for you?

Lulu receives payments from distribution partners, even if just a few cents

Not at all true, not with most of them, you really do need to learn to read. It's highly uneconomical for them to do it that way.

( I should imagine Lulu receives a lump sum from Amazon, Nook, etc).

a lump sum of a few cents?!

If your total payment is over $ 5 and you are using Paypal, then Lulu will make a payment to you. Otherwise you need to wait until your cumulative sales have reached $ 25.

No one is arguing about how Lulu handle payments, the question was, why are sales on other sites not appearing at Lulu when people expect them to.

Again, you keep going on about Amazon paying 'almost right away'; they do not.

Do learn to read. But I will repeat it for you >> I said I ALSO publish DIRECT to Amazon and they, Amazon, pay me via EMT direct in to my bank account, when a sale is made, regardless of the amount.
    Got it now?
    I also said it's a shame Lulu cannot use that method. Do you not agree then?

You can see your sale immediately but you do not get access to the money until 60 days after the end of the month in which the sale occurred. I know that you will argue about this but you are wrong. I am simply quoting facts. I get paid each and every month so I know what I am talking about.

Seems you do not know, and yet you keep saying I am wrong.

When the value date for payment is reached i.e. the date on which Amazon say they will pay you (for a sale that occurred many weeks prior) the funds will be credited to your bank account the same day but there is a huge difference between this and getting paid almost right away.

I really do know how they pay me, and how fast, I get an email notification of a sale from them, then I get the dosh, and I did ALSO say that people can opt for other payment methods, such as checks, as you Americans call them, often because they have no other choice, but its a great disadvantage because each check, at least in the UK, can entail a charge of £6 for processing, and even more if not in Sterling, so to send one with a few pence on it would be crazy.

Please could you stop providing incorrect information.

You really do need to read every word I type before you use your troll method of replying.

The only person whose interests are served by this are your own i.e. this compulsive need to comment on everything. I feel embarrassed on your part.

Your method of reply generates so much déjà vu. Who once was you?
    BTW: if you pay attention then you will notice that I don't reply to everything, but one of the reasons it looks as if I do is because my name is often on the first reply to some things, or the last posted, because I am in a totally different timezone ... Logical really when you think about it. Ty it one day.
    No! Enough.

You said
    Do learn to read. But I will repeat it for you >> I said I ALSO publish DIRECT to Amazon and they, Amazon, pay me via EMT direct in to my bank account, when a sale is made, regardless of the amount.
    Got it now?

My biggest issue with you is either do not read carefully enough or you do not understand what you are reading. Your need to post a reply to every post - line by freaking line - overrides the need to take care. That is why I said 'Pot. Kettle. Black' in response to your claim that someone was arguing with themselves. You do it all the time.

You said
    If one publishes direct to Amazon using CreateSpace or KDP, as I do with books for Kindle, they changed payment rules a year or two ago to pay anything almost right away, even if it is just £0.50p

Amazon pays you 60 days after the end  of the month when the sale is made (whether directly, or via Lulu), not when the sale is made or right away. This is important for people to understand. It helps forum users to understand why they do not see a sale made via distribution on their Lulu sales report and why they have not received the money that they expected to.

60 to 90 days after the sale is not almost right away. Will you bend every truth to suit your needs?

Have you no shame man?

I will repeat: stop giving out incorrect information.

I said
    ( I should imagine Lulu receives a lump sum from Amazon, Nook, etc).
    Kevin said
    a lump sum of a few cents?!

No Kevin. Lulu receives just one lump sum from Amazon, another from Nook, etc. Within this lump sum are royalties earned by many different authors so an author could be credited with $0.35, for example. They will not be paid this if their total royalties are less than $ 5 for Paypal, otherwise $ 25.

So there is no truth in saying that there companies only pay if your royalties have reached $20. I know this for a fact. I have received small amounts (under $ 20) from various different companies and as long as I have earned more than $ 5 I get a payment from Lulu. Therefore this statement, made by you, numerous times,  is incorrect:

Amazon do not pay out until your revenue (based only on royalties, not retail value) has reach a certain amount. $20 I think it is.

All I am saying is please stop giving out incorrect information. I publish directly on Amazon but I do have one or two ebooks that were distributed to Amazon through Lulu. I have received payments from Lulu which included royalties on those books. I know you will argue that I don't, but I really do know what I am talking about. You clearly, do not.

Don't comment until you learn to read 100% of what's posted, not just 5%