We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

The young and the English language

LarikaLarika Bibliophile
edited November 2018 in General Discussions
I was reading a book and I came across this -- In the scene two boys were having a conversation.   "Let's chore his bike,"  one boy said to the other. I had to stop reading.What on earth did the boy mean? I wondered. "Let's routine task his bike," didn't make sense. It has to be  a slang word, I thought. So I looked it up in the urban dictionary. Apparently it's a British colloquial term for the act of stealing. Am I in my old age going to have to read a book in the future with an urban  dictionary by my side? I asked myself. When my grand niece told me that the concert she'd been to "was bad" I said I was sorry she'd had such a miserable time. " No Aunty it was really good," she exclaimed. If something is "wicked" it's wonderful and at a "sick" party, they all have an excellent time. What have the young done to our language!!!!!!!!

Comments