another question for Paul

LarikaLarika Bibliophile
edited November 2018 in General Discussions
Sorry  to ask so many questions Paul, but the forums have changed since the last time I was here. My question is--- When you delete a comment do you inform the member who has written it? I ask because a comment I wrote seems to have gone. It was in the right forum, it wasn't rude, abusive or offensive. The only possible reason I can think of as to why it was removed, was that it was too long. (Although I have seen longer in the forums.) It was also relevant to the ongoing discussion in the general discussions forum.Thanks for any help. (I did press "ask a question" but it doesn't show "question" in the discussion forum.)

Comments

• I feel sure that a posting cannot be deleted in a thread that already has more than one posting in it, if it can be deleted at all. They can be moved and/or Locked, but I don't recall seeing one deleted.
  • If I were to delete a post, yes I message the author to let them know why.
    Your post actually was flagged as spam for some reason. It looks like a user marked it as such and it landed in my Spam queue, which I'm just clearing out now.
    I've added the comment back and now your account is marked as 'verified' so there shouldn't be any issue with your posts being marked Spam again.
  • LarikaLarika Bibliophile
    edited November 2018
    Probably a user marked it as spam because it was such bad poetry! :) chuckle.  
  • LarikaLarika Bibliophile
    edited November 2018
    Lulu Knowledge Base
    "Spam - repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users. The solicitation or advertisement of content, goods, services, or information not found or published on Lulu is considered "spam" and not allowed anywhere in our forums."