Advertising

oncewasoncewas Librarian Librarian

Have you ever been curious about the effectiveness - or not - of advertising? For what it is worth, this has been my experience with one of my books. 26 000 people saw the ad, 89 clicked on it and 10 bought the book. Conclusion? It probably is not worth it for the self-published author.

Comments

• JackRErnestJackRErnest Author Author
    You have to spend a lot i suppose. The advert must also be good in that it has to catch peoples attention. 

Would i pay for advertising? no. But then again i am not too bothered about succeeding or failing.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius Lulu Genius

Have you ever been curious about the effectiveness - or not - of advertising? For what it is worth, this has been my experience with one of my books. 26 000 people saw the ad, 89 clicked on it

How did you know how many viewed it and how many clicked on it?

and 10 bought the book.

As a percentage of 89, that's not bad.

Conclusion? It probably is not worth it for the self-published author.

It can be of great importance where the advert is. If it's not on, for example, a book site, then it's possibly not targeting the right people.

There's cost as well. What did it cost? And what did you make from those ten book sales?

There's also the possibility that some of those ten may go on to buy your other books, but it has to made easier for them by having an Also By in the back of your books. They may also recommend you too other potential buyers. The results of advertising is not always instant.