We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Made A Sale Notification!

Hello Lulu and fellow authors,

Idk if this has been said before, (but I did run a search and nothing came up), when a sale is made, I the author, is left in the dark.  An automatic email is sent to the buyer but I have no knowledge that I had a sale.  I only discovered it when I happened to check the sales etc tab and low and behold I found that some of my books were sold via Ingram.  Gladly surprised, but I would love to be notified that a sale was made, either by an automated email and/or a flag notification by my username when I sign in.  Methinks this is longer over due and much needed.

Thankyou all

Shalom
MCB
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I'm not sure if it's been brought up previously either, but it's a great idea.
  • Wow, I'm surprised it was/has not been thought of before.  Well hopefully this is something that can be done for the enjoyment of all.  And thank you!
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Idk if this has been said before, (but I did run a search and nothing came up),

I don't recall it being mentioned before either.

when a sale is made, I the author, is left in the dark. 

True, and one can wait a while before it appears in My Revenue.

An automatic email is sent to the buyer

You mean the thank you for buying note? That only applies to books bought on Lulu itself does it not? If the writer has used the option, if not then they don't get sent.

but I have no knowledge that I had a sale.  I only discovered it when I happened to check the sales etc tab and low and behold I found that some of my books were sold via Ingram.

I suppose that's why that tab is there ... :) Some people visit it daily I should not wonder.

Gladly surprised, but I would love to be notified that a sale was made, either by an automated email

That would be handy, but Lulu only knows when a sale has been made outside of Lulu when those other sites send them some money for the sale, and at times that can be at the end of the month, and even only when a fixed minimum amount has accumulated. (Based on profit, not on retail price.)

and/or a flag notification by my username when I sign in.

If you are signed in, you could just visit your My Projects.

Methinks this is longer over due and much needed.

The email is not  a bad idea, though.

• HULSEYHULSEY UK Publisher
    I admit to checking my revenue every day and consider this a good idea to be notified of any sales by email.
  • wildwindwildwind Publisher

It can't work, for the reasons which Kevin has mentioned; Lulu are only notified once a month of the sales made through distribution and I'm willing to bet that the bulk of most writer's sales come from distribution, rather than the Lulu bookstore.

Well, it could work, after a fashion - you could get an email once a month to say that you have made some sales, but you could just as easily check your sales once a month to see the same thing.

• wildwind said:

It can't work, for the reasons which Kevin has mentioned; Lulu are only notified once a month of the sales made through distribution and I'm willing to bet that the bulk of most writer's sales come from distribution, rather than the Lulu bookstore.

Well, it could work, after a fashion - you could get an email once a month to say that you have made some sales, but you could just as easily check your sales once a month to see the same thing.

Yes. This is the challenge. We report sales within 48 hours of receiving them, and usually much faster. But we can't report a sale we're not alerted too.
    But for Lulu sales, and perhaps even some retail sales, it should be possible to provide better notification.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    There should be Like, Agree and Thanks buttons in Suggestions. Should I Suggest it? :)