We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Discount coupon still available?

When I published my previous book with Lulu (8 years ago -- yikes!), there was an option to set up a discount code that one could give to friends or whoever.  (This is different than setting a discounted price for anyone who buys from the Lulu store as opposed to Amazon or wherever.)  I searched the knowledge base but can't find anything about this now.  Is it still possible to do this?

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    I don't recall a discount code, but what some do is create a duplicate book set to Direct, at a discounted price, and only those you give the link to can see and buy it. It does not even need an ISBN.
  • Hi classiclang,

I am not aware that we offered this feature of creating a coupon. If we did, it is no longer supported through our current platforms.

Kevin's suggestion is a good one that many authors use. You are more then welcome to create a "custom" book where you only provide the link to a few key individuals that you want to order at a certain price.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    I do recall people suggesting it many many times over the years, but it never happened. Difficult to implement I would expect.