We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

Indesign CC to E-pub help needed

Hi  all,
I have created my first e-pub (flowable) that was originally a printed book, hence I'm working from InDesign CC.
I have read loads of documents and viewed loads of videos but I am not a coder so I can't figure out why it keeps failing - especially as I have followed the exact requirements the InDesign team have suggested. Can anyone take pity on me and help me?

As I work for a charity we have no budget for this and its taken me two years to get this far :(
This is the current coding I get below.
I know how to unpack the file to edit it  - but I'm not skilled enough to know what to edit.

and yes it's E-pub 3 as that's what the InDesign team say I should be working in.
the book just has 39 images and lots of text - nothing fancy.

WARNING: Validating the EPUB against version 2.0 but detected version 3.0. in OEBPS/content.opf
ERROR: value of attribute "version" is invalid; must be equal to "2.0" in OEBPS/content.opf on line 2
ERROR: attribute "prefix" not allowed here; expected attribute "id" in OEBPS/content.opf on line 2
ERROR: attribute "property" not allowed here; expected attribute "content", "id", "name", "scheme" or "xml:lang" in OEBPS/content.opf on line 14
ERROR: element "meta" missing required attributes "content" and "name" in OEBPS/content.opf on line 14
ERROR: text not allowed here; expected the element end-tag in OEBPS/content.opf on line 14
ERROR: attribute "properties" not allowed here; expected attribute "fallback", "fallback-style", "required-modules" or "required-namespace" in OEBPS/content.opf on line 45
ERROR: attribute "epub:type" not allowed here; expected attribute "dir", "lang", "style", "title" or "xml:lang" in OEBPS/Under-Gods-Good-Hand-2.xhtml on line 9
ERROR: attribute "epub:type" not allowed here; expected attribute "dir", "lang", "style", "title" or "xml:lang" in OEBPS/Under-Gods-Good-Hand-3.xhtml on line 9
ERROR: The nav file is not supported for epub versions other than 3.0. in OEBPS/toc.xhtml
ERROR: bad CRC checksum for entry OEBPS/image/The-reformation-time-chart1.png: 92b7651d instead of 2c2cb15e
ERROR: Unable to locate a valid publication date.  A date with the event attribute publication (opf:event=publication) is required in OEBPS/content.opf
ERROR: Unable to locate a valid creator.  A creator with the author role (role=aut) and the file-as attribute is required in OEBPS/content.opf

Comments