We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Changing book size

Can I change the size of my book without having to re-do the whole thing?

Comments

• Yes, but I don't suggest doing so. It can cause internal errors with the project. And the internal file may not convert properly to the knew size. 
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    As Paul says, it's always best to create a file to match the size of the Project you select. It's not to hard to do. Just change the page size (I use Word) then browse through the document to see what changes have been made to where the text is now placed. Adjust if required. But often it's not required to make adjustments to where it does end up. Although page count still needs to be divisible by four.
  • Sure you can! Just work from a safe copy of your original. Most text flows inside text boxes. So if you change your page size (and if necessary adjust your margins) your text should reflow automatically. Likely you'll have to manually adjust your title page and rebuild your Table of Contents (things will be on new pages now) but it shouldn't be too much effort. When publishing on Lulu, it might be easiest to make a new project rather than edit an existing one to a new size. Plus, you can't use an existing ISBN for a new size. That's an ISBN rule, not a Lulu restriction.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Sure you can! Just work from a safe copy of your original.

Often advisable, unless there's no need to keep the previous size.

Most text flows inside text boxes.

Indeed it does, and usually also around images, which may then cause them to be in the wrong places.

So if you change your page size (and if necessary adjust your margins)

There's usually no need to do that. Unless they are wrong to begin with.

your text should reflow automatically.

Indeed. But if one wants a layout where new chapters begin on the right hand side, it's best to check they still do.

Likely you'll have to manually adjust your title page

For what?

and rebuild your Table of Contents (things will be on new pages now)

Yes, that's true, and it's  best to upload a PDF so they stay that way.

but it shouldn't be too much effort.

Usually it's not. One can just zoom out to see many pages at a time for an initial check.

When publishing on Lulu, it might be easiest to make a new project rather than edit an existing one to a new size.

Not really, but always remember to delete the old file of pages before adding the new on, or the Wizard will try to merge them.

Plus, you can't use an existing ISBN for a new size. That's an ISBN rule, not a Lulu restriction.

You can if the book has not yet been fully Published, or Approved.