Proofs?!

I recently created another book, bought a Proof, made a slight Revision before I Approved it. It's now asking me to buy another Proof when I do click on Approve! Since when did one have to buy further Proofs when Approve is eventually clicked?

Comments

• The system seems to be somewhat confused. I bought Part 4, but did not Approve it. I Revised it. I clicked Approve, and it instructed me to buy another Proof.

Around the same time I created Part 5, but it did not ask me to buy a Proof and then to Approve it. (I just have bought one, anyway.)

I wait to see what happens now.

At one time, Approve would appear as an option as soon as the order is placed. That no longer happens. Which is understandable. I used to click it before seeing a Proof myself.

• Hi Kevin,

To approve for distribution, the most recent published version of the book needs to be ordered. You can make changes outside of a revision as much as you want without ordering a proof. However, once a revision is created and published, a new proof copy will need to be ordered.

You can approve the content (without seeing the proof) one hour after the order is placed. We have a one hour cancellation window that must pass before you can approve it.

I see Part Five cannot be approved because it is not enrolled in Global Distribution.

I hope this helps!
  • To approve for distribution, the most recent published version of the book needs to be ordered. You can make changes outside of a revision as much as you want without ordering a proof. However, once a revision is created and published, a new proof copy will need to be ordered.

But a printed book is not, or did not used to be, 'published' until Approve is clicked. Otherwise, what is the point of the Approve option?

You can approve the content (without seeing the proof) one hour after the order is placed. We have a one hour cancellation window that must pass before you can approve it.

Indeed, it was once instant - ish :)

I see Part Five cannot be approved because it is not enrolled in Global Distribution.

Why is it not? It has an ISBN. It went all the way through a Project Wizard, and well over an hour had passed, I ordered it!

Ah, I did not click on Manage (because in My Projects it's not telling me I need to, unlike the ePub version that had a space that was objected to ...) >> Get Global ... I do not recall having to do that before, because applying an ISBN auto-places it in Global, it actually says so at the start of a Wizard.
    Stranger and stranger.

I hope this helps!

Well sort of! Thanks.

BTW. Is Taylor your first or last name?
  • Hi Kevin,

Taylor is my first name.

A book is published once you click save and finish. However, in order to send the content to our distribution partners, you must "approve" of the content.

This requires ordering a proof of the most recent published version, then clicking approve (once it has been enrolled in the GlobalReach program by clicking Manage).
  • Hi Kevin,

How do.

Taylor is my first name.

Thanks. 

A book is published once you click save and finish. However, in order to send the content to our distribution partners, you must "approve" of the content.

Ok, Part Four I bought a Proof and it arrived a while ago. I did not Approve it.  I then decided to add something to the 'Also By' page. I Revised. When I clicked Approve/Deny, it asked me to order another Proof. That's not usual when doing Revises to a book not yet Approved. Or it did not use to be.

This requires ordering a proof of the most recent published version,

It does seem so, but it had not been Approved for Dist. It was a small Revise to the pages file of an already created book (of which I did previously order a Proof of.) Revisions used to be free, otherwise when I first started on Lulu I would have had to buy many Proofs of the same book!

then clicking approve (once it has been enrolled in the GlobalReach program by clicking Manage).

That's another thing. There was no option to enrol Part Four in to GlobalReach. You only have one Dist option now, and it's applied when an ISBN is gone for, or at least it used to be. ISBN = Dist. It even says so in the Dist options to tick at the start of the Projects Wizards.

The option to physically enrol in Global Reach only happened with Part Five, (and I would not have known to do that until you suggested it!) and yet I have not Approved that yet, either. (After buying a Proof.)

It's not the actual Cost, it's just strange that I have to buy another Proof  after a small Revision, of a book I have not even Approved yet after already buying a Proof!