Proof Prints not in my package

ZuperbuuZuperbuu England Reader
I ordered some proof prints of my two pocket-edition books a few weeks ago, only these ones were from the retail printers LulLu use (for Amazon.ect) rather than the usual one when you buy from LuLu's store. I have received plenty of proof copies before of these books with no trouble regarding their size, yet this time I get an empty package through the letterbox. There was no signs of the package being opened, all corners were sealed securely, but all that was inside was a slip of paper with my order details on it.
I am aware the retail printer had machine issues over a few days, hence why my prints were delayed which I understand, what I don't get though is why the package was sent empty. The books could not have fallen out since it was still sealed.

I sent LuLu a support ticket but that was 2 days ago, they still have not gotten back to me. I don't really want to run the risk of losing money ordering proof copies from the retail printer if they are just going to send me, and potentially my readers, empty packages.
Has anyone else experienced this before?
All work-in-progress projects can be followed at http://www.zuperbuu.com/wp/

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    I am not sure what you are saying. Are you saying you did not order them directly from Lulu? If that is so, then the problem is with whoever you ordered from, not with Lulu.
  • Hi Zuperbuu,

I see the support ticket in our system and it looks like someone from our print team replied. I also see you're response in there so I would look for an email from them today.

In general, an empty box would be a clear printer mistake and we'd take care of that for you once we work through our normal verification process.