We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

a note from the Author

edited July 23 in Author Workshop

Hello readers, my name is Abd Tumeh and I will like to tell you, the readers the matters of my Novel. This Novel is about four misguided anthropomorphic characters who is a cat, a dog, a turtle and a frog. In many places in the novel are name after real city, country, towns and ever neighborhood. The point is I want you to understand about autism and how people with autism are mistreated. They're NOT retarded they are all misunderstood by people and their peers. They didn't choose to be like this at all. I see everyday when I was in High School. I seen the oppression towards autistic and mental handicapped students who have been laughed at by teachers, paras, and their peers. The public school viewed autism as something negative. please support people with special needs and thanks for reading my novel

-Abd Tumeh

Comments

• can you guy are able to read it okay?
    just wondering
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Do you mean that is the Description for your book? I assume English is not your first language? Even if it is, I would suggest you work with an English editor, for the Description, and I will have to assume from your posting here, also for the contents of your book.
  • Skoob_ymSkoob_ym Teacher

Kevin, you remember Abd, don't you? He's posted here before, and even shared some of his works with us. English is certainly his first language.

Our principal advice to him has been to let us know what he's been reading... I believe that he was considering reading the Chronicles of Narnia when he last posted.

• Skoob_ymSkoob_ym Teacher
    Abd, have you been reading more lately? Good reading helps to make strong writing. Hope you're enjoying writing your novel. It sounds interesting.

Kevin, you remember Abd, don't you? He's posted here before, and even shared some of his works with us.

Sorry, no. There's times I don't recall you :)

English is certainly his first language.

Our principal advice to him has been to let us know what he's been reading... I believe that he was considering reading the Chronicles of Narnia when he last posted.

That perhaps only displays style to those not very good with English. I am sure you know that people have different levels of reading, and writing, ability. It reminds me of when my wife once voluntarily worked at a place that helped adults with reading and writing. Many could not read or write at all. (How they got through school is a mystery!) They needed someone to point stuff out to them other than go off and read.

I would suggest that Abd looks for similar assistance. There where and wherefore of English needs to be pointed out by a helper, even if just for editing his books.

• edited July 24
    the reason why my book is NOT getting sold is this :)
    1. too many characters(good guys)
    2. in every chapter the good guys and bad guys always seen fighting each other
    3. I never proof read my novel before but now, I am going to proof read the novel soon to someone
    4. read read read and read. the basic is this every time I read my novel I see errors and now i found the reason why
    and 5. patience is everything :smiley:

the reason why my book is NOT getting sold is this
    1. too many characters(good guys)

That did not hold back Harry Potter.

2. in every chapter the good guys and bad guys always seen fighting each other

That's normal in many novels.

3. I never proof read my novel before but now, I am going to proof read the novel soon to someone

That's not how proofreading works. A Proof-reader will sit and read the text, mainly looking for typos. What you want is an Editor.

4. read read read and read. the basic is this every time I read my novel I see errors and now i found the reason why

Yes, you are the Editor and Proof-Reader, if you cannot afford them. You not only have to read it over once you think it is finished, but keep reading back, as you write it.

and 5. patience is everything

When it come to self-publishing, and even just writing, so is boring repetition, but it has to be done.

• Ron MillerRon Miller Professor
    Find someone to do your editing and proofreading for—ideally someone experienced in doing these things or at least knowledgeable in the language. No author can effectively edit themselves.