We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Correct Heading for Part II?

In the print version of my book I have Part II in the middle of an otherwise blank page, before the next set of chapters. I am unclear which heading to use for 'Part II'. It should be larger than the chapter headings (which are Heading 3), or the line that says Copyright 2018 (which is Heading 2). Can I use Heading 1, or is that reserved just for the title at the beginning of the book?
Tagged:

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor
    Make Parts heading 1. Make chapters heading 2. Make nothing heading 3. It will cause you problems during conversion and validation.
     A citizen of the world.

Title can also be heading 1.
     A citizen of the world.

• Em_Press, this information is confusing because the eBook instructions said to use Heading 1 for the Title, Heading 2 for the Copyright line and Heading 3 for Chapter numbers.
    It doesn't matter what it says. I am human and have done it hundreds of times and I came here to respond to you in order to make your life easier.

H1 title, h1 parts, h2 chapter headings

A citizen of the world.

• The instructions are just a suggestion. The requirements are:
    1. The title is H1 and on the first line of the first page
    2. The heading styles are sequential - H1, H2, H3 is good, H1, H3 is bad.
    Most ebooks will follow EM's model using just H1 and H2
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Em_Press, this information is confusing because the eBook instructions said to use Heading 1 for the Title, Heading 2 for the Copyright line and Heading 3 for Chapter numbers.

It's a while since I have read the guide, but I do not recall it saying that as such. I used the guide on my first one and every other since then, and it works, but this is how I recall the instructions >>

HS 1 is the default Heading Style for TOC creation. That's the only one I use, for Title, the word Copyright  and the Title on the start of the story page (that's all you need to pass the TOC 'rules') and if I bother with Chapter numbers or headings.

But HS 2 can be used after HS 1 for a sub TOC within the HS 1 creation. HS 3 can be used after HS 2 for a sub-sub TOC, but then HS 1 has to be used again. And so on. I have no idea how many items can be listed using HS 2 or 3 after an HS 1 and HS 2.