We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Turn off hyphenation?

It is recommended that text be left-aligned for an eBook. The print version of my book was justified, with automatic hyphenation turned on.  Am I correct in assuming I should turn off auto-hyphen when I change the alignment to left-aligned?
Tagged:

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    I don't change my docx text from Justified, it does not seem to cause the ePub Conversion Wizards any problems. Some also still have auto-hypth turned on, that also does not seem to cause any problems.
  • You can keep the hyphenation/justification, it won't prevent you from creating an EPUB. We recommend setting the text to left justified (and likewise turning off most automatic formatting, including hyphens) because the text/lines will change size based on the screen size the ebook is being read on.
    Actually, the way I turn the file for a printed book in to one for an ePub no doubt strips all the formatting defaults.
  • Most current reading devices allow the user to set justification preferences, and those override the eBook anyway. Same with hyphenation. Auto hyphenation in your original manuscript will not affect eBook export, so no worries there. 
    I turned it off for printed books also, because words seemed to be split in random places, rather than sensibly between syllables.