We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Moving from direct access to Lulu shop

I have my books available through direct access only. If I move them to the Lulu shop, will it break the links of the direct access books? I ask because I have buttons and such on my webpages and published the links for people and I don't want those options to go dead. Thank you for your help!

Best Answer

• Paul_LuluPaul_Lulu Admin
    Accepted Answer
    They should not break. If for any reason they don't work, contact support. But I've never seen this be a problem.

Answers

• edited June 2018
    (Edited post, didn't explain correctly). Direct Access prevents access to the book listing, but it's the same URL. Although search bots do update after a short time, I think Lulu's own system generates one of those 'Oops' or Page not Found' messages if anyone searches on the title after it is set to Direct Access.
  • John is (to the best of my knowledge) correct. If the book moves from General to Direct, you might see an error when using the URL.

But going from Direct to General shouldn't cause any problems and should not necessitate any update to the URL to find the book.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Hrmm. I feel sure that nothing changes but the access. It's the same Storefront. I think the settings just set portal 'locks' on the Storefront. Perhaps a bit like when trying to look at books set at Adult when not logged in?

Anyway, the best way to tell is to make the adjustments and see what changes.

• Thank you, everyone, but the situation is actually the reverse. I'm not taking it from General Access to Direct Access. I have it set at Direct Access and I want to make it available, but I do not want to break the links I have already. Thank you for the answers, but that was backwards and doesn't really help, but I appreciate the answers! Does anyone know if the links will break when taking something from Direct Access to General Access?