We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Muliple ISBNs

PulpwormPulpworm Reader
Hi all and thanks in advance for any advice.

My question is;

I own multiple ISBNs and I was under the impression that each ISBN will relate to each eBook per platform.  In effect I would be uploading 5 separate eBook versions of the same title but each with it's own ISBN.

The reason I am now confused is; when I uploaded my first project with an ISBN I had allocated to Kobo, Lulu then asked me, would I like to distribute of the other platforms?!

This has lead be to the thinking that I can just write down all the separate ISBNs in my copywrite page indicating which platform each ISBN is allocated to and just upload one document on Lulu for multiple distribution rather than uploading 5 separate files with an individual ISBN.

Clarification would be appreciated, although not difficult to upload 5 documents seems a pointless duplication of effort if not needed.

Thanks all.

Pulpworm 
Tagged:

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I own multiple ISBNs and I was under the impression that each ISBN will relate to each eBook per platform.  In effect I would be uploading 5 separate eBook versions of the same title but each with it's own ISBN.

Can I ask why you want to do that? Why 5 versions all with the same title? That's just confusing.

The reason I am now confused is; when I uploaded my first project with an ISBN I had allocated to Kobo, Lulu then asked me, would I like to distribute of the other platforms?!

Indeed. It gives you the option where you wish it to be directly retailed at. I do not tick the Amazon box, for example.

This has lead be to the thinking that I can just write down all the separate ISBNs in my copywrite page indicating which platform each ISBN is allocated to and just upload one document on Lulu for multiple distribution rather than uploading 5 separate files with an individual ISBN.

I have to keep reading that over to try to make sense of it. Why would anyone wish to know where they can buy an ebook from, that they have already bought?

Clarification would be appreciated, although not difficult to upload 5 documents seems a pointless duplication of effort if not needed.

An ISBN is absolutely unique to each book. Any person or retailer can look it up and buy or list it for sale. Those distribution tick boxes are for direct placement by Lulu, it does not mean that it will not also end up listed all over the internet for sale simply by the ISBN. The bottom line is, why 5 versions with the same title and 5 ISBNs? Especially if you now wonder about sticking them all on the copyright page of just one of them! It makes no sense.

• PulpwormPulpworm Reader
    Thanks for responding.  Well from your explanation seems I've messed up! oops. I Did 5 books of the same title as I was under the impression that if I am uploading to Kobo I would need an ISBN for that version, then an ISBN foro the iBook version and an ISBN for the Nook and kindle version etc etc. 

Hence 5 ISBNs 5 different ereaders.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Apart from a Kindle, they will all read ePubs. In fact so will a Kindle with an addon.
  • If it's the same book and title just one ISBN for ebook and one for Paperback is needed. Lulu will send out the ebook to all the various outlets and the paperback to its destinations.