Marketing Packages

Arthur23iArthur23i Reader
edited May 18 in General Discussions
As I am considering one of Lulu's marketing packages, which range from 10K and up to 22K - I want some feed back from other authors who has used Lulu Marketing Packages and if they were happy with the outcome or not? Lulu are wanting a substantial amount of money for their marketing services, so I want to see some customer testimonials?
Lulu must be able to provide that basic information before they expect authors to throw literally tens of thousands of dollars at them, at the very least!

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

As I am considering one of Lulu's marketing packages, which range from 10K and up to 22K -

That's a stonking amount of money to claw back from the potential profits, or even none at all, from high-costing POD books!

I want some feed back from other authors who has used Lulu Marketing Packages and if they were happy with the outcome or not?

I have never seen anyone mention them in the forum apart from the pre-publishing services Lulu offer, that they were not happy with. And they cost nothing like 10k.

Lulu are wanting a substantial amount of money for their marketing services, so I want to see some customer testimonials?

Well there's one on each Lulu Service section. Just one on each. But none of them say if they made any money or not, and that is surely the bottom line.

Lulu must be able to provide that basic information before they expect authors to throw literally tens of thousands of dollars at them, at the very least!

All I would say is, don't do it. Even some books published by major publishing houses do not sell as many as people would assume, so getting even 'just' that 10k back would be difficult. But of you want to question Lulu, there's a form on the Service pages to fill in, and a phone number to call. (888) 265-2129  I am in the UK so I have no idea what those brackets mean.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• Arthur23iArthur23i Reader
    Indeed a stonking amount of money. Thus my reluctance!

I also have not found any mention of Marketing Packages (subsequent experiences) on the forums by other authors.
    I have contacted Lulu, and currently awaiting a written response.