creating a project - skips ISBN tab - wont let me select sell on lulu, amazon, barnes.. etc.

I'm trying to get this book sold in Australia not only sold but Printed as well. I was told this site allowed that. However when i created my first project, i went to the Australian lulu site and it said it only shipped from the US. 

i never assigned an ISBN or whatever i need for it to be in Australia... Mainly because when i created the project after i entered the title and authors i noticed it would not let me select the "Sell on Lulu, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and more" selection. which if i could i feel like it would solve all my problems (minus the bad grammar and punctuation in this post)
anywho
after i selected sell on lulu marketplace and hit save, It skipped over the ISBN screen and went straight to the files screen.

i'm lost here i'm not sure why it wont give me the option to "Sell on Lulu, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and more".... 

Luckily for the readers and myself i'm not the authors i just manage the authors. (their 87 years old) 

see the images to see what i see...
Tagged:

Comments

• never mind it HAS to be premium book store quality even though it only has black and white on creme in 6x9 and not black and white on white... a little disappointed with that considering there are photos in the book
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Did you discover that only the items in Create with ticks can have ISBNs, anyway? And yes, one of the choices is only printed and mailed from the USA, but that does not matter with an ISBN, if you pick a Project that can have one. Because it will become listed on Amazon and can therefore be ordered off Amazon at their shipping rates, regardless of where ordered from.
  • Joe_Bondi_BeachJoe_Bondi_Beach San Francisco Bay Area Creator
    edited May 2018
    MatthewLT said:
    I'm trying to get this book sold in Australia not only sold but Printed as well. I was told this site allowed that. However when i created my first project, i went to the Australian lulu site and it said it only shipped from the US. 

i never assigned an ISBN or whatever i need for it to be in Australia... Mainly because when i created the project after i entered the title and authors i noticed it would not let me select the "Sell on Lulu, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and more" selection. which if i could i feel like it would solve all my problems (minus the bad grammar and punctuation in this post)
    anywho
    after i selected sell on lulu marketplace and hit save, It skipped over the ISBN screen and went straight to the files screen.

i'm lost here i'm not sure why it wont give me the option to "Sell on Lulu, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and more".... 

Luckily for the readers and myself i'm not the authors i just manage the authors. (their 87 years old) 

Items sold in the Lulu marketplace do not require ISBNs, which is probably why you do not see the ISBN selection page. I'll bet starting a new project and marking it from the start as for sale everywhere will generate the ISBN selection for you. (You may even need to log out and log back in to Lulu to refresh your cookies.)

This assumes you've selected the perfect binding option. If your book is saddle-stitch or coil-bound it cannot be sold outside the Lulu marketplace, if I remember correctly, and thus does not require an ISBN.

Failing a solution here, the support team awaits your submission.
  • Joe_Bondi_BeachJoe_Bondi_Beach San Francisco Bay Area Creator
    MatthewLT said:
    never mind it HAS to be premium book store quality even though it only has black and white on creme in 6x9 and not black and white on white... a little disappointed with that considering there are photos in the book
    Outside of their photo books, BW photographs in ordinary paperbacks do not print in eye-popping quality. With the right mix of contrast and light and shadow (and rendring a color photo in greyscale before you submit) you can get a fairly decent BW reproduction in an ordinary paperback, but it will not be photo book quality. If the photos are critical to the work, anything other than one of the photo book options may not satisfy you or the authors.
  • Skoob_ymSkoob_ym Teacher
    If you're looking for distribution, then you do have to follow the distribution rules, and your color photos either require a color book or conversion to grayscale, as Joe says.

But if you're making 500 copies for the authors to give to all their friends, then you might look into the Lulu Xpress options.