We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

Using Pages for Mac

Hi, I'm looking to create a print book of worksheets-type-things in Lulu, but I have designed them all in Pages for Mac. The templates and advice that Lulu provide seem to all be for Word. Are there templates/advice for Pages or can anyone confirm the dimensions I need to create a template in Pages? (A4 saddle stitch, full colour) 

Tagged:

Comments

• edited April 9
    Hi pianoTRACKS,

Our A4 size is 8.26 x 11.69 in. It is recommended to size your file to that size. If you want the file to be full bleed, you will have to size it to 8.51 x 11.94 in.

Please note that we do not recommend Pages as it is a text editor and not a word processor. The original formatting of the file will not be retained even though it is possible to export a PDF or Word Doc.

We usually recommend OpenOffice or Libre Office as alternatives for Microsoft Word.

• Thanks for the reply Taylor. That's disappointing. Sadly I don't have capacity to switch everything over as it loses all my formatting. I will have to rethink. 
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

When I first came to Lulu I was using a WP prog that saved under it's own suffix, that could only be opened by the same prog, or printed, so I had to change to Word, and yes, reformat everything. It's possibly one of the 'charms' of being a self-publisher :) And then there's epubs ...

From what I have read in the forums, people even using Word for Mac have bother getting Lulu's Printbook Wizards to use the files it has created.

(Actually, I think Lulu's ePub Wizard will now allow files created on all manner of devices. But only as RTFs I think Pages for Mac is one of them.)

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.