is listening a audio book is the same as reading it

So, I was on Youtube and I was listening a Memoir novel called a child. is it this the samething as if I am reading it.

because ever since I was listening to this audio book and as I was writing a "certain" Novel.
when I have read my first chapter to a family member she said my writing has approved big time I guess the main issue is what do you think? hey and ney? ney= no lol :)  

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    I don't see how it helps with writing words.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• It would depend if you are able to get more from hearing than reading. Some people learn more by touching or moving. Others from hearing. The rest from actually seeing. If it helps you then do it ;)
    It's possible that one can get more easily distracted while listening to an audiobook than reading words. And it is far easier to see where you left off with the written word. With audiobooks one has to rewind! (It's easy to be distracted when listening while driving!) But's it's a bit academic really, because it's very expensive to get one commercially created.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• Skoob_ymSkoob_ym Teacher
    So, I was on Youtube and I was listening a Memoir novel called a child. is it this the samething as if I am reading it.

because ever since I was listening to this audio book and as I was writing a "certain" Novel.
    when I have read my first chapter to a family member she said my writing has approved big time I guess the main issue is what do you think? hey and ney? ney= no lol :)  

It might be so. To read, to think another's thoughts, is to hear the story as you read, so hearing it audibly might actually be the same thing. For a while I used audiobooks on CD as I drove to and from work -- I had a 25-65 minute commute, depending on traffic and weather. It was pleasant, and the main reason I didn't continue was that there were very few audiobooks available on CD to my liking.

Reading in general improves our writing. I would even argue that reading is the key element in nearly all learning. If we read, we learn. If we read well, we learn well. If we read broadly, we learn broadly.

So I think you're onto something, and I'd keep it up if I were you.
    I too had audio books on CD, but having also read them as the printed word, I discovered that many of them are edited, and one misses the bits cut out. It can also be annoying when the voice gives their idea of what a character may sound like, and it is often totally different from any description of a character! Like witches always sound ancient and croaky, even if they may only be in their teens!