Lulu Apparel, etc.

It would be interesting for lulu to offer apparel and other items such as tote bags, mugs, stickers, etc. (with distribution to Amazon). Companies such as Zazzle are making a killing.

We would be able to upload our book covers on these items, and/or tag lines, our website, our book description.
 A citizen of the world.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Zazzle are? Howe have you got hold of their sales stats? But I wish they would sell more of my items! (They are expensive there though!)

https://www.zazzle.co.uk/kevinlomasstuff

But if you recall, Lulu used to allow people to upload files to create CDs and DVDs, and also downloadable art, oh, and software I think. Eventually Lulu turned solely to books, and Zazzle has never turned to books.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor
    I looked up whether etsy has a book category. They do, but eclectic, vintage, customized stuff. Huge amount of reviews per item, which makes me think there's a lot of buying power.
     A citizen of the world.

However, you could add the Shopify app to your etsy store and import lulu books from the lulu shopify app. Haven't tried it yet. Overwhelmed with information.
     A citizen of the world.

I occasionally look at etsy uk., because a few of my friends create stuff. But a lot of stuff on it appears to be cheap items imported from China (actually sold for cheaper than what they would cost to craft here!) and not made by the sellers at all, which to me makes the site not be what it seems. There are items on there to do with books, but few actual books. But from what I can see, the Add To Cart button is etsy's, there's no link to anywhere else. And of course that means one has to fill the orders oneself.

And you are right, there are too many new options, even linked to and owned by Lulu. I have enough time taken up just using Lulu!

What Lulu images? Do you mean book covers? I doubt book covers would sell on their own! but perhaps they could be enlarged and re-texted to be posters.

I already have a lot of images at Zazzle. But like all POD printing, the items are too expensive. (Some do not show unless logged in to the site, because some have to be classed as 'Adult.')

I have yet to find a straight line. Too many twists and turns. I think the answer is lulu dropshipping with Shopify. I keep Googling to see whether the lulu app integration at Shopify is ready. Not yet?
     A citizen of the world.

• Not live yet. Should be a matter of days at this point. We're just waiting on final review and approval from Shopify. I'll make a big announcement once it does go live.

On the topic of branded materials and the like, I don't think Lulu will directly get into this in the near term, but I do agree that using eCommerce as a means to create a store will likely be the best answer. Lulu to print your books, Printify for your t-shirts, and on and on for any other items you might be selling. Our goal is to really stick to what we know we're good at (printing and fulfilling book orders) while enabling our users to take that one, very specific tool and plug it into whatever that individual author is doing to sell/promote.
    Yes, Printify is amazing. Lulu is easy. The core selling place would be Shopify. I'm going to test as soon as it's ready. Thank you, Paul.
     A citizen of the world.

Paul, I can see the option to Like and Thank etc. only on my own post. The others only have Flag and Quote.
     A citizen of the world.

• @Em_Press The Suggestion thread doesn't have that option. I asked a couple weeks back about whether it could be added or not and at the moment it's a negative.

Does the Vote option not serve more or less the same purpose?

Ok, thank you, Paul.

Kevin, I don't see a Vote option on individual comments.
     A citizen of the world.

There's a vote to click on the original post, because I assume that's what's being voted on, and it does work, sort of. I just clicked it, but at times when one scrolls back up it's reverted to 0 again. This time my click has stuck, so it should say 1.