We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Image difference between Paperback and eBook on Lulu

Is there any way to correct the poor quality of the image of my paperback icon? It looks nothing like the proper looking one used for the eBook. I would fear if this is the image that goes out for distribution my sales could suffer. It looks absolutely horrible. You can see the difference on my spotlight page --> http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/lordjonray
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Jon,

This is beyond my ability to trouble shoot, but I seem to remember there being some issues that can arise when converting cover thumbnails.

I've made you a support case, someone from our support staff should email you soon with further information.
  • Paul_Lulu said:
    Hi Jon,

This is beyond my ability to trouble shoot, but I seem to remember there being some issues that can arise when converting cover thumbnails.

I've made you a support case, someone from our support staff should email you soon with further information.
    Thanks Paul.. Much appreciated.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Is it the same image? (but reduced in size for the e-book?)
  • The image the first time was RGB. I had to modify the front cover for publishing requirements and caught the color mistake and uploaded it CYMK the 2nd time. When it uploads it shows up fine. But when I get to the review portion, I can see that it has likely been converted from the PNG to a GIF-256, which just butchers it. Something going on in the back end server side is converting the image and losing details and color. I'm having to explain to people on Facebook, Blogs, and Interviews that the actual book cover looks much better than what is currently shown. If this is the image that goes out to everyone on the book cover update, I just can't see staying with Lulu as it tarnishes my image. Which I really like Lulu and hope to stay. 
    The problem could be that you are not using jpgs. I just create as a jpg with 'millions' of colours. Whether they are classed as CMYK or not is irrelevant to me, because a jpg image always works. CMYK, in my view, goes back to the days of a printing plate for each colour, which POD machines do not use (some actually use more coloured inks than three + black.) (RGB goes back to cathode-ray tube monitors.)
    BTW. For your printed book, include the cover in the Preview and see what it looks like there.