Our printers are currently working through record volume for the current academic year. This has, in some cases, caused print times to be extended beyond our regular expectations. Our printers have been working additional shifts and are steadily catching up. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your patience.

Different page count depending on Color or Black/White?

Hello!

I have successfully uploaded a Black/White book and now when I'm using the exact same PDF file to create the color edition, I get an error that the book contains too many pages.

The book is 730 pages and the Black/White edition worked out fine. Is there a difference between the color and black/white edition when it comes to page count? The KB does not say anything about it. I created a case with the support but they might take long before answering.

Yes 730 pages is a lot and I got some whitespace within it but that is because sometimes I need to use a whole page to display a diagram/illustration because it is a technical book and I want to make sure the reader can see the diagram in very clear detail.

Anyone else experienced the same issue?

Thanks in advance!
Tagged:

Comments

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    Was the PDF for the color version the same one you uploaded or a download of the print-ready file from your first B&W edition?

If it was the download of the print-ready file, the fact that the wizard will adjust page size to allow for trim may have caused the problem.
  • There could also be concern based on retail distribution. The number of pages we can print versus the number of pages a retailers will print do not align perfectly for all formats.
  • Em_PressEm_Press Professor
    edited March 9
    Ok, just checked; you can do colour for 6x9 and 8.5x11 for up to 740 pages. But book in colour will cost you about 200 dollars. :/ 
     A citizen of the world.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor
    edited March 9
    It's about $60 for 290 pages.
     A citizen of the world.