Lulu Services Market

Em_PressEm_Press Professor
edited February 28 in Suggestions
It would be great to have a www. Lulu.com/market where lulu cover design, editing, ebook and print book interior formatting, translating, validation professionals could offer their services. Lulu would need to approve each service and could take a cut or it could be by invitation only. See streetlib.com/market.

I've been there only 3 months and was invited to do work for others. I have been at lulu 14 years. It would be nice.

A citizen of the world.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Many moons ago the forums had such sections, but one has to remember that Lulu offer some of those services and I am sure they will not welcome competition.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• I'm working on this one. I'm not sure we'll be able to make it happen, but it is very known on our end that it is something our authors want/need.
  • Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    Paul,
    It would be nice to see it happen. Many authors struggle with the cost of services priced outside their ability to pay, often resulting in poor editing, poor formatting, poor cover art, and so on.

A freelancer service section would be able to help the people who can't afford Lulu's services produce better books, which in the end profits Lulu as well.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    It would indeed entice more people to use Lulu to publish via if they could get much cheaper services for the things they cannot do. But let's hope they realise they cannot do them before they actually publish anything!

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    Unfortunately there will always be people who have a blind spot when it comes to their limitations.

The service section would be for everyone else, as in those who seek out assistance when the price isn't too dear.