Our printers are currently working through record volume for the current academic year. This has, in some cases, caused print times to be extended beyond our regular expectations. Our printers have been working additional shifts and are steadily catching up. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your patience.

Pocketbook Distribution

Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
It would be nice to have a pocketbook format with ISBN that qualifies for distribution through Ingram or to B&N.
0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I have seen someone else ask about that in the forum, and I will answer the same way I replied there. Change Store on Lulu to England, click Create, Printed, and you will see the Pocket book option and with ISBN option. My first books created at Lulu were Pocketbooks. Try that. I don't think the site actually knows which country you are in.

I have no idea why the option is greyed out when you look for it further down the page when set on USA.

(Hrrm, one can only add URLs of images in here, not upload them.)

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    Got the ISBN so it distributes to Amazon, but according to the message when published that's about it; no Ingram's or B&N.
  • Correct, our Pocketbook size is Amazon only at the moment - http://connect.lulu.com/en/discussion/33150/which-products-are-eligible-for-retail-distribution#latest

Kevin - when you click the "add image" button there is a box to paste an image in. You can also add it as an attachment, though the preview won't display if you attach it

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    In the forums there is, Paul, but it does not seem to have the same functions in Suggestions. All I see is a thin box with the instructions, Paste the URL of an image to quickly embed it.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• Huh. Yeah that's odd. I'll get that looked at. Good catch!
  • benzigerbenziger Author
    Paul_Lulu said:
    Why Amazon only? I think, ISBN was made to have books available in any bookshop of the world?
    At least, it is only "at the moment". Can you tell us, if this moment will be short, medium or long?
  • Our distribution agreements are based on the book formats and sizes retailers are willing to print. This does change over time, as the retailers add digital printing closer in line to what Lulu's had for years.

In the long term, we're aiming to get all of our formats and sizes available through a better distribution tool, but I don't have any sense of the time frame for that.