We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Dust jacket? Casewrap?

This may sound like a silly question, but this is my first time using Lulu and I'd like to make sure I am making the right selection: What is the difference between the two?
Is the dust jacket a removable paper cover? If so, what is under the cover?
As for the case wrap, are you able to put text on the spine as well?

Comments

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    The dust jacket is paper that wraps loosely around a linen cover.

Casewrap allows for Title and Author Name on the spine, though the qualifier would be number of pages; I believe 130 or more.
    leila2246 said:
    This may sound like a silly question, but this is my first time using Lulu and I'd like to make sure I am making the right selection: What is the difference between the two?
    Is the dust jacket a removable paper cover? If so, what is under the cover?
    As for the case wrap, are you able to put text on the spine as well?

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Casewrap is also another name for hardback. If you require a dustjacket you will need to use the Advanced One-Piece Cover designer, and that is not easy. A hardback sans dustjacket cover can be created  in the much easier 'normal' cover wizards. One further problem is the cost of hardbacks compared to paperbacks, plus the extra cost of a dustjacket if you want one.  It can be partly worked out here   http://www.lulu.com/create/books
  • MaggieMaggie Author
    edited February 27
    Casewrap are beautiful. The only hardcovers I publish.

Dustjacket will drive you crazy (huge formatting headache). And flap always gets lost.