Dust jacket? Casewrap?

This may sound like a silly question, but this is my first time using Lulu and I'd like to make sure I am making the right selection: What is the difference between the two?
Is the dust jacket a removable paper cover? If so, what is under the cover?
As for the case wrap, are you able to put text on the spine as well?

Comments

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    The dust jacket is paper that wraps loosely around a linen cover.

Casewrap allows for Title and Author Name on the spine, though the qualifier would be number of pages; I believe 130 or more.
    leila2246 said:
    This may sound like a silly question, but this is my first time using Lulu and I'd like to make sure I am making the right selection: What is the difference between the two?
    Is the dust jacket a removable paper cover? If so, what is under the cover?
    As for the case wrap, are you able to put text on the spine as well?

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Casewrap is also another name for hardback. If you require a dustjacket you will need to use the Advanced One-Piece Cover designer, and that is not easy. A hardback sans dustjacket cover can be created  in the much easier 'normal' cover wizards. One further problem is the cost of hardbacks compared to paperbacks, plus the extra cost of a dustjacket if you want one.  It can be partly worked out here   http://www.lulu.com/create/books
    How Do. Pull up a chair. Would you like a cup of tea? Don't sit in that chair!!
  • MaggieMaggie Reader
    edited February 27
    Casewrap are beautiful. The only hardcovers I publish.

Dustjacket will drive you crazy (huge formatting headache). And flap always gets lost.