distribution settings!

Hello there,

I have finished my book and I had a proof copy arrive today, this is 'revision 1'...

however I found that I wasn't happy with where the page numbers were. So I have uploaded a new manuscript with the page numbers in a better position, this version has become 'revision 2'

Everything else with the book is fine.

However, since I have uploaded a new altered manuscript 'revision 1' has now vanished and now before I can set distribution settings for my book, it wants me to buy another proof copy, which I really don't want/need to do.

Is there any way I can skip this stage?

Comments

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    Not really.

Hello there,

I have finished my book and I had a proof copy arrive today, this is 'revision 1'...

however I found that I wasn't happy with where the page numbers were. So I have uploaded a new manuscript with the page numbers in a better position, this version has become 'revision 2'

However, since I have uploaded a new altered manuscript 'revision 1' has now vanished and now before I can set distribution settings for my book, it wants me to buy another proof copy, which I really don't want/need to do.

• Not really.

Hello there,

That is a bit of a bummer. Thanks!
  • Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    The reason why you can't skip ordering a proof after a revision of a distribution project is simple; seeing the physical copy can alert you to problems your mind may skip or gloss over with the electronic copy. I've fallen prey to this myself, meaning if I revise [even for something minor] I will order a new proof and examine it before I approve for distribution.

It may be a bummer, but it's better than having a reader trash your work over something you should have / would have / could have caught if only you'd ordered another proof copy.
    Not really.

Hello there,

That is a bit of a bummer. Thanks!

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    It's also how Lulu can afford to have free tools that allow you to publish books for free.
    How Do. Pull up a chair. Would you like a cup of tea? Don't sit in that chair!!