Our printers are currently working through record volume for the current academic year. This has, in some cases, caused print times to be extended beyond our regular expectations. Our printers have been working additional shifts and are steadily catching up. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your patience.

distribution settings!

Hello there,

I have finished my book and I had a proof copy arrive today, this is 'revision 1'...

however I found that I wasn't happy with where the page numbers were. So I have uploaded a new manuscript with the page numbers in a better position, this version has become 'revision 2'

Everything else with the book is fine.

However, since I have uploaded a new altered manuscript 'revision 1' has now vanished and now before I can set distribution settings for my book, it wants me to buy another proof copy, which I really don't want/need to do.

Is there any way I can skip this stage?

Comments

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    Not really.

Hello there,

I have finished my book and I had a proof copy arrive today, this is 'revision 1'...

however I found that I wasn't happy with where the page numbers were. So I have uploaded a new manuscript with the page numbers in a better position, this version has become 'revision 2'

However, since I have uploaded a new altered manuscript 'revision 1' has now vanished and now before I can set distribution settings for my book, it wants me to buy another proof copy, which I really don't want/need to do.

• Not really.

Hello there,

That is a bit of a bummer. Thanks!
  • Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    The reason why you can't skip ordering a proof after a revision of a distribution project is simple; seeing the physical copy can alert you to problems your mind may skip or gloss over with the electronic copy. I've fallen prey to this myself, meaning if I revise [even for something minor] I will order a new proof and examine it before I approve for distribution.

It may be a bummer, but it's better than having a reader trash your work over something you should have / would have / could have caught if only you'd ordered another proof copy.
    Not really.

Hello there,

That is a bit of a bummer. Thanks!

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    It's also how Lulu can afford to have free tools that allow you to publish books for free.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.