Unbranded Shipping

I think it would benefit lulu and creators to offer unbranded shipping. Amazon does it, Vistaprint does it, Createspace does it and many more. In this way authors could sell from anywhere( their website, Facebook, any eCommerce site) and use lulu as a POD fulfillment centre.

Tagged:

Comments

• Stay tuned, we've got something to announce later this week and a major announcement around the end of the month/early March pertaining to this.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

On the other foot. I recently bought an object from a seller on E-bay, and even though it was posted directly by and from the seller, it was covered in E-bay parcel tape. I can only assume that E-bay sell it to business sellers on their site.

How Do. Pull up a chair. Would you like a cup of tea? Don't sit in that chair!!
  • BksOfBrownBksOfBrown Reader
    edited February 27
    Tho the package should always be boxed and never a padded envelope. My last proof book came in a padded envelope and ruined the book as a result, bent and out of shape.  The wonderful team from Lulu who replaced it (kudos to them). Is there a way that an envelope is never used by the POD printers?

• The problem with boxed is the cost. There should, perhaps, be the option.

• Maggie's right, that's one of the balances we try to strike with our shipping costs.

That said, my understanding is that all of our books should be shipped in a box. If you get a book in an envelop, definitely touch base with our support staff.
  • Paul_Lulu said:
    Maggie's right, that's one of the balances we try to strike with our shipping costs.

That said, my understanding is that all of our books should be shipped in a box. If you get a book in an envelop, definitely touch base with our support staff.
    Yes, I did.  Lulu swiftly replaced the crumbled up and bent in two book!!  It was the first time ever I had an envelope sent, For the past five years it has always been sent in a box.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Amazon can be a bit OTT with their mailings. One of my sons ordered a three feet long by two inch diameter moss pole, and one would expect it to have come in a poster tube or something, but no it came packed corner to corner in a large box filled with pillows full of air.  They could have posted a chair in it. Amazon was supposed to be experimenting with a Box On Demand machine, perhaps they have not got beyond just the one machine yet? But bendy things such not be posted in bendy packaging because postmen will bend it.
    How Do. Pull up a chair. Would you like a cup of tea? Don't sit in that chair!!