Feedback Request Guidelines
The Lulu Author Workshop is a space authors (both published and unpublished) are encouraged to talk about their craft. We encourage anyone interested in feedback to post a feedback request here!
When asking for feedback, please adhere to these guidelines:
1. Post a short excerpt (1000 words or less) – This is not a strict rule, but you will get better feedback if others can quickly read the passage you post and supply feedback.
2. Please title your post "Feedback request" or something similar to indicate your are looking for feedback and review of the work posted.
3. Include a brief description at the top of your post identifying any specific feedback you're looking for (such as, "does this character seem real?", "am I going overboard on the descriptions?", "does this opening paragraph make you want to keep reading?").
4. Check your passage for spelling and grammar before posting – The Author Workshop is here to help develop and refine your story, not check it for spelling errors. Please make an effort to run MS Word spell check or use Grammarly to check for spelling errors before posting.
5. Be respectful – as with all threads on the Lulu Community, adherence to the Forum Rules & Terms is mandatory. Commenters should strive to provide useful feedback and writers should give the benefit of the doubt that everyone is giving feedback with the intent of helping the writing improve.