Metadata code for series, volume number?

I've been trying to get an e-book of mine approved for the national markets through Lulu for over a month. I kept getting the 'metadata mismatch' generic emails from Lulu which are frustrating and not very helpful. I have experience with code and can handle manually putting in any metadata I may need to. Right now, I use Sigil and check the metadata file source...

The e-book in question is part of a series and is the first book. I have the text on the cover, "The White Musketeer" (title) and below it, "Part of The Libertas League" (series). A "1" sits to the left of the title (book number in series).

I think Lulu has been rejecting my changes because I haven't specified the series text or the 1 in the metadata.

Lulu's 'top 10 reasons your e-book is rejected' article doesn't address this particular circumstance. And I can't find any Google solution to this situation, either.

Has anyone dealt with this and solved it? If so, what did you have to do?
Would I need to make sure my Lulu title is "1: The White Musketeer - Part of The Libertas League" and match the metadata title as "1: The White Musketeer - Part of The Libertas League"? I'm hoping there's another solution, as all of that is technically not the title, but I would like to be able to include, somehow, the number and series info.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

  • The "1" is quite likely the issue. Your metadata has to match everywhere - the cover, the first H1, and the interior pages.

    Adding extra text to the cover thumbnail can throw off that check. You can try incorporating the "1" into the cover design so we miss it, but we perform the checks based on Amazon and iTunes standards, so sneaking something through like that may still get sent back if either of them catch it. 
  • Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    If that doesn't work you could try

    "The Libertas League: The White Musketeer"
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

    I have a series of books running and I have used

     Title: Subtitle: Sub-subtitle    

    I have also used

    Title - Subtitle - Sub-subtitle 

    Both methods worked.

    Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

Sign In or Register to comment.