Unwanted blank page

SO after much blood sweat and tears learning to format, I thought I had my PDF looking perfect and ready to send to Lulu. I uploaded it, and it successfully appeared in my files. When I downloaded it to look at how it would appear there before making it print-ready, it still looks great EXCEPT there is an added blank page that appears right before my Chapter One begins, putting Chapter One starting on an even page. (Unacceptable). I edited the PDF to remove the page and saved it, and then tested it again by getting out and downloading it again to make sure. The blank page was back. I understand that normally it might be a page-break problem in Word editing, but it saved as PDF on my Adobe without the extra page. It appeared once it got to Lulu.  Any help at all will save me some more gray hair.

Comments

• wildwindwildwind Publisher

This is odd because a book should print exactly the way the PDF sent to the printer looks and that PDF should look exactly the way you created it. You will probably need to contact support. If it was a problem with Word formatting, the blank page would show up in your PDF but it does not.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    Are the number of pages evenly divisible by 4?
    AnnaC said:
    SO after much blood sweat and tears learning to format, I thought I had my PDF looking perfect and ready to send to Lulu. I uploaded it, and it successfully appeared in my files. When I downloaded it to look at how it would appear there before making it print-ready, it still looks great EXCEPT there is an added blank page that appears right before my Chapter One begins, putting Chapter One starting on an even page. (Unacceptable). I edited the PDF to remove the page and saved it, and then tested it again by getting out and downloading it again to make sure. The blank page was back. I understand that normally it might be a page-break problem in Word editing, but it saved as PDF on my Adobe without the extra page. It appeared once it got to Lulu.  Any help at all will save me some more gray hair.

If your page count is evenly divisible by 4 [i.e.: 240 pages / 4 = 60], another issue might be one of your pages is not the same as the rest causing the converter to hiccup and add pages.
  • Definitely worth contacting support on this one. Since the page is appearing within the manuscript and not at the end, there are a number of factors that could be at work. Some one on our support team should be able to diagnose the issue and offer a solution.
    There are a few problems that may be causing the issue -- kind of hard to know which without seeing the file.
  • AnnaCAnnaC Reader

Thanks y'all, it may have been in the uploading; I read some more and "printed it" to PDF using their method, and it looked perfect. It's in print and I'm praying my proof copy will look as it does online. Fingers crossed.