We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Is this normal

Is it normal that someone used fraudulent cards to order many of one of my books and lulu deletes my whole account (Hardcover Central Canada)? 30 books of uploading so that Canadians can afford hardcover books which are sold on Amazon.ca for over 60$?

Go ahead, delete this account too. What choice do I have since the answers I get don't make sense. We deleted your account because someone used fraudulent cards to buy your book.

Ok, sorry about that, but I almost got carpal tunnel syndrome uploading those books with faulty conversion software so that Canadians can have fairly priced books.

Comments

• I once had a huge spike in sales on Lulu (well over 100 in a few days) and it
    would appear that someone was using stolen credit cards (presumably to
    test wether they were still vaild) but all that happened was that the sales
    were reversed.

You need to contact Lulu. This is their fault that they could not detect
    fraudulent sales, not yours.
  • Skoob_ymSkoob_ym Teacher
    edited December 2017
    The only grounds that I can see would be if they thought you were churning sales to make royalties on fraudulent sales, but given the long lead between sales and royalties, I would think that they'd catch fraud before the royalties were paid.

Color me puzzled.
  • I did contact them. They won't budge. I think they made a mistake and it's irreversible and they refuse to say sorry or offer retribution. It's just horrible and devastating.

That being said, God is good, and the anger from that lulu action prompted me to buy an ecommerce service/site. A lot of work to set up and I have to learn the ropes, but I'm planning to set up an ecommerce site. I need an inclusive good truthful name. I will sell books and if I find the courage even send them myself or get a fulfillment service.

So, that means, I can sell your books. Anyway, I have to find the time and the strength to do it all again.

God is good, arbitrary and tyrannical power is not.

Life goes on. But still, I'm going to curse for a month.
     A citizen of the world.

• MaggieMaggie Author
    They have permitted me to recreate the page and reupload the books with the exception of the one that was purchased with fraudulent cards. 

Anyway. Still a super drag.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    While it is a drag, consider that the book someone was trying to purchase with fraudulent cards could now be involved in a criminal investigation, hence the reason the particular book can't be listed again.

Also consider the jurisdictions involved. If the fraudulent purchaser was not physically in Canada, then it becomes a convoluted case involving authorities not just in different provinces / states, but different countries as well. Different agencies handle cyber-crime with different methodologies at time.

Hopefully when everything gets sorted out you can get that book back on the market as well.
    Maggie said:
    They have permitted me to recreate the page and reupload the books with the exception of the one that was purchased with fraudulent cards. 

Anyway. Still a super drag.

• MaggieMaggie Author
    edited January 2
    Happy new year, Cameron.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    Until His Grace decides to leave the mothership it's Exhausted New Year, but thank you.

Ano Nuevo Bien Prospero