One Piece Cover and Page Numbers

Hi. My first time creating a book and new to Lulu. I have designed the book and cover my self, a one-piece cover. I  have read some of the threads and is still a little bit unsure of things. I have a few questions. When calculating the spine, do I count/add the cover to the number of pages? Do I send the cover separately? How do I number my pages? I created the book in InDesign. Do I put the page numbers on the pages myself? Do I upload my finished product/book as a PDF to Lulu? This is a photography book, but I do not want to use the "photography book" template. I read where I should use the "Premium paperback" template. All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭
    1) Choose your page size [look at the various size options for premium paperback].

2) Spine width is calculated from the total number of pages, not total number of pages and cover [your project's cover step will tell you the spine width for a one-piece cover].

3) The cover is uploaded separately from the book's PDF file.

4) After front matter et al, the first right-hand page is page 1.

5) You have to put in the page numbers.

6) You can upload your finished book in a variety of formats, but PDF is your best option.
    Hi. My first time creating a book and new to Lulu. I have designed the book and cover my self, a one-piece cover. I  have read some of the threads and is still a little bit unsure of things. I have a few questions. When calculating the spine, do I count/add the cover to the number of pages? Do I send the cover separately? How do I number my pages? I created the book in InDesign. Do I put the page numbers on the pages myself? Do I upload my finished product/book as a PDF to Lulu? This is a photography book, but I do not want to use the "photography book" template. I read where I should use the "Premium paperback" template. All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Hi. Thank you so much for the information!!