We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

One Piece Cover and Page Numbers

Hi. My first time creating a book and new to Lulu. I have designed the book and cover my self, a one-piece cover. I  have read some of the threads and is still a little bit unsure of things. I have a few questions. When calculating the spine, do I count/add the cover to the number of pages? Do I send the cover separately? How do I number my pages? I created the book in InDesign. Do I put the page numbers on the pages myself? Do I upload my finished product/book as a PDF to Lulu? This is a photography book, but I do not want to use the "photography book" template. I read where I should use the "Premium paperback" template. All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    1) Choose your page size [look at the various size options for premium paperback].

2) Spine width is calculated from the total number of pages, not total number of pages and cover [your project's cover step will tell you the spine width for a one-piece cover].

3) The cover is uploaded separately from the book's PDF file.

4) After front matter et al, the first right-hand page is page 1.

5) You have to put in the page numbers.

6) You can upload your finished book in a variety of formats, but PDF is your best option.
    Hi. My first time creating a book and new to Lulu. I have designed the book and cover my self, a one-piece cover. I  have read some of the threads and is still a little bit unsure of things. I have a few questions. When calculating the spine, do I count/add the cover to the number of pages? Do I send the cover separately? How do I number my pages? I created the book in InDesign. Do I put the page numbers on the pages myself? Do I upload my finished product/book as a PDF to Lulu? This is a photography book, but I do not want to use the "photography book" template. I read where I should use the "Premium paperback" template. All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Hi. Thank you so much for the information!!