Our printers are currently working through record volume for the current academic year. This has, in some cases, caused print times to be extended beyond our regular expectations. Our printers have been working additional shifts and are steadily catching up. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your patience.

Images in Print Books

I am making a premium paperback print book

I am including some illustrations (think Shel Silverstein) with simple black Sharpie. 

My book is going to be black and white on cream pages - when I upload the pictures is it okay that they are on a white background? Will the white background show on the cream pages? In other words, will my illustrations be printed on a white rectangle that is evident on the cream colored pages?

Do I need to make all the backgrounds transparent? If so, are png files compatible?

Thank you!

Comments

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian

PNG files work, and transparent background might not be a bad background.

cdmcclure95 wrote:

I am making a premium paperback print book

I am including some illustrations (think Shel Silverstein) with simple black Sharpie. 

My book is going to be black and white on cream pages - when I upload the pictures is it okay that they are on a white background? Will the white background show on the cream pages? In other words, will my illustrations be printed on a white rectangle that is evident on the cream colored pages?

Do I need to make all the backgrounds transparent? If so, are png files compatible?

Thank you!