Google Docs

Hello Lulu world!

I'll make this quick. I have access to a Chromebook only. I want to make a 6x9 premium paperback book. Normal spine. 

I can't download a template because I don't have word. 

If I want to do the manuscript on Google Docs, what is the easiest way to make sure it is formatted correctly when I export it as a PDF.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

Or you could run Ubuntu on your Chromebook, which allows you to use OO/LO Writer.

This is one example of how to do it (I used this one on a Chromebook and it works, though gaming is slow and janky).

https://askubuntu.com/questions/913839/chromebook-to-ubuntu-without-crouton

cdmcclure95 wrote:

Hello Lulu world!

I'll make this quick. I have access to a Chromebook only. I want to make a 6x9 premium paperback book. Normal spine. 

I can't download a template because I don't have word. 

If I want to do the manuscript on Google Docs, what is the easiest way to make sure it is formatted correctly when I export it as a PDF.

Thanks in advance!

• Google Docs is actually pretty good for creating a workable file. The absolute most important thing to be aware of is the page size when exporting to PDF.

For some reason, Google Docs only has limited size options, and the standard 6 x 9 is not among them. You'll want to go to File > Page Set Up to select a size for the Google Doc and be sure the PDF is matching after you export, then select that same size for your book.