Amazon

When you publish your book to Amazon, do you have to do anything when someone purchases it or does Amazon do it all (shipping etc)? And also do I get to make an Amazon account for my books? 

And also when I order a proof copy of my book, how long does it take to arrive? Is there any way to pay for express shipping or something? I will be finishing my book maybe next month but I would love to have the books before christmas so I can gift them to friends and family. 

Comments

• Amazon does everything. You can create an Amazon Author Central account.

This will show you things like your author sales rank and customer reviews

but not sales, as those will come through Lulu.

When you order a proof book from Lulu it usually arrives pretty quickly but

you can choose to pay more for faster shipping.

• So if I make an Author account it will show the book I wrote? Or just reviews of it? I don’t use Amazon so I don’t know much about how it works but I know on EBay an item is sold from a specified seller, so would it say my books seller is Lulu? And when you say the shipping is quick, how quick do you mean? 2 weeks?
    Sorry for all the questions lol! Just a newbie here
  • SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

Shipping depends on where the purchaser is in relation to the printer, how many orders the printer has to fulfill at time of order, shipping option the purchaser uses, and any number of variables like the shipping company losing a package. Does the purchaser live in an area only serviced by Pony Express?

A book ordered today could arrive anywhere from fives days to a month or more after purchase, it just depends on a lot of tihngs so there is no simple one-off answer.

htkim wrote:
    So if I make an Author account it will show the book I wrote? Or just reviews of it? I don’t use Amazon so I don’t know much about how it works but I know on EBay an item is sold from a specified seller, so would it say my books seller is Lulu? And when you say the shipping is quick, how quick do you mean? 2 weeks?
    Sorry for all the questions lol! Just a newbie here