Newby needing suggestions

It's a lot of great information.  I am just interested in publishing the simple books that I write for my children and church. Is it a known process breakdown of what to do without going through tons of other reading blogs and getting confused?  Thanks for any great suggestions. I don't want to waste a lot of time and money.However, I love to write and this may become a career for me as a homeschooling mom.

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

Is publishing a known prcess, yes.

Write the book.

Edit the book.

Choose a format.

Decide on distribution (ISBN ivolved) or for sale just on Lulu.

Produce your project and select a price.

Simple steps that aren't always easy.

Doing 'Daddy Day Care' for my children (I will also homeschool) who are developing to be taller, stronger, and smarter than normal, suffice it to say a side-career as an author isn't going to be as easy as it sounds.

toniadcannady wrote:

It's a lot of great information.  I am just interested in publishing the simple books that I write for my children and church. Is it a known process breakdown of what to do without going through tons of other reading blogs and getting confused?  Thanks for any great suggestions. I don't want to waste a lot of time and money.However, I love to write and this may become a career for me as a homeschooling mom.

• Skoob_ymSkoob_ym ✭✭✭

The tough part is selecting a format.

Once you've decided what size your book will be, and whether you'd like to distribute it broadly, the rest is fairly simple.

If you're doing a one-off book, you can select a Lulu ISBN number and off you go.

If you're doing large numbers of books over a long time -- like if you already have twelve titles sitting on your shelf on binder paper held together with brass tacks -- then you might want to consider buying a group of 10 or even 100 ISBNs. It's a large chunk up front, but there are benefits to owning ISBNs.

Take your least favorite of the titles you've written thus far and walk it through the wizard as an experiment. You'll get to see how the whole deal works, and you'll have a chance to make all your mistakes on one of your lesser titles. Then you'll know how to do it up grand on the titles you really love.

Hope that's helpful.

Enjoy!