We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

won't let me use my ISBN

I have gotten one book mailed to me, I have made revisions to the cover and manuscript, and am trying to get another print copy.  When I go thru the wizard, it won't let me use my ISBN.  Says it is being used with another book.  Yes, it was my book!  How do I swap out the files used in the 1st printing, to get a revised copy of my book?  (without getting another ISBN.  That is crazy!) Thanks.

Comments

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian

Revise the original project instead of starting a new one.

rebelauthor wrote:

I have gotten one book mailed to me, I have made revisions to the cover and manuscript, and am trying to get another print copy.  When I go thru the wizard, it won't let me use my ISBN.  Says it is being used with another book.  Yes, it was my book!  How do I swap out the files used in the 1st printing, to get a revised copy of my book?  (without getting another ISBN.  That is crazy!) Thanks.

• I did not start a new project....I did click the "revise" link by the name of my project.  It took me to the page that has the following at the top:  TITLE   ISBN   FILES   COVER   DESCRIPTION   PRICE   REVIEW.   It took me to the ISBN tab, and the form was blank.  I re-filled out the form, and when I put in my ISBN and hit "save and continue", I got the following message:

The ISBN you entered is already assigned to a book on Lulu. It may be a typo. Check the ISBN you entered for mistakes. If it was entered correctly and you think the ISBN should be available please CONTACT SUPPORT.

I remember on my 1st book with Lulu, I went throught about 7 revisions before I got the book to look the way I wanted.  I never had this problem before.  It takes 2-4 days to hear back from Lulu Support.  I am sure that authors do not get their book's format right on the first try.  But to have to pay $55 for a new ISBN each time I make corrections and want to upload again, just doesn't sound right.  

I went to the "Knowledge Base" and found these words:   You do NOT need a new ISBN when:

1) You change the price
     2) You make minor corrections (spelling, grammar, typos) to an existing edition
     3) You make minor changes to the cover design of a newly published work or the change is intended to provide amarketing boost.

*2 and *3 are the reasons for the revision of the book.  The wizard sayz I need a new ISBN.  

IS THERE ANY WAY TO REVISE A BOOK WITHOUT GOING THRU THE WIZARD?  My cursor is always send to the Wizard to "REVISE" my book.   Please, any help is appreciated.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian

This would be a case where you need to contact a moderator directly, as a support ticket is in order.

I've used Lulu ISBNs and not had the issue you describe when I've had to do a revision.

rebelauthor wrote:

I did not start a new project....I did click the "revise" link by the name of my project.  It took me to the page that has the following at the top:  TITLE   ISBN   FILES   COVER   DESCRIPTION   PRICE   REVIEW.   It took me to the ISBN tab, and the form was blank.  I re-filled out the form, and when I put in my ISBN and hit "save and continue", I got the following message:

The ISBN you entered is already assigned to a book on Lulu. It may be a typo. Check the ISBN you entered for mistakes. If it was entered correctly and you think the ISBN should be available please CONTACT SUPPORT.

I remember on my 1st book with Lulu, I went throught about 7 revisions before I got the book to look the way I wanted.  I never had this problem before.  It takes 2-4 days to hear back from Lulu Support.  I am sure that authors do not get their book's format right on the first try.  But to have to pay $55 for a new ISBN each time I make corrections and want to upload again, just doesn't sound right.  

I went to the "Knowledge Base" and found these words:   You do NOT need a new ISBN when:

1) You change the price
     2) You make minor corrections (spelling, grammar, typos) to an existing edition
     3) You make minor changes to the cover design of a newly published work or the change is intended to provide amarketing boost.

*2 and *3 are the reasons for the revision of the book.  The wizard sayz I need a new ISBN.  

IS THERE ANY WAY TO REVISE A BOOK WITHOUT GOING THRU THE WIZARD?  My cursor is always send to the Wizard to "REVISE" my book.   Please, any help is appreciated.

• I fixed the problem!  Had retired the original version WITH THE ISBN attached.  I was trying to "creater a revision" to the wrong document in LuLu, hence the problem.  When I "unretired" the correct file....Lulu let me work with the project, make my changes and order an author's proof.  Almost 100% of the time, it's USER ERROR.