some questions

HI,

I uploaded 100 poems into the formatting template and it created a pdf file... but there were problems and so I edited and reduced the number of poems to 63 but when I went to download to create a pdf file of the new contents, it says it did create the pdf file but I have not been able to see it and when I went back to dowload again, it gave me an error message and said there were formatting problems... so what do I need to do to fix this..

also, should I delete the first pdf file created as a fix?

should an "acknowledgement ppage" be in cluded in the files template or does this come later in the process??

it says that I can use rtf files and that I can load onto the template and that Lulu will cnvert to pdf files but this has been leading to blank pages... it was suggested I download a free pdf converter but I don't want to do this... so what must I do to fix this??

I guess the real question is do I need to start over from the beginning??

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

The template is downloaded to your computer and should be used as a reference or guideline for headers, footers, and so on.

How exactly did you upload 100 poems into a template then have it create a PDF?

RedZone wrote:

HI,

I uploaded 100 poems into the formatting template and it created a pdf file... but there were problems and so I edited and reduced the number of poems to 63 but when I went to download to create a pdf file of the new contents, it says it did create the pdf file but I have not been able to see it and when I went back to dowload again, it gave me an error message and said there were formatting problems... so what do I need to do to fix this..

also, should I delete the first pdf file created as a fix?

should an "acknowledgement ppage" be in cluded in the files template or does this come later in the process??

it says that I can use rtf files and that I can load onto the template and that Lulu will cnvert to pdf files but this has been leading to blank pages... it was suggested I download a free pdf converter but I don't want to do this... so what must I do to fix this??

I guess the real question is do I need to start over from the beginning??

• I added each poem into the 6x9 template and it made a file on the download file page... then when I was finished adding all the poems separately, I hit the save and continue button at bottom and it created a pdf book to review ... not sure if this is clear or not

• Yes, start again. Pretend there is no such thing as the cloud, and that the only thing you can do is upload a finished project. I have never understood this concept of uploading bits and pieces. Also, format the book yourself and forget about the templates; the number of people who run into problems with the templates suggests that they are not worth the hassle. If you want to be a self published writer you have to get to grips with formatting a book.

Create the book exactly as you want it - on your computer - i.e. 6 x 9 with 100 poems. Make sure the document in Word (or whatever you're using) is set to 6 x9 and the margins, etc are as you want them. When you're done create a 6 x 9 PDF. doPDF is free and it works well; there is no need to be afraid of it. Creating a PDF is the best way of guaranteeing that your book will look exactly as you want it to because what you see on the PDF is what prints.

Now go to your projects a delete the file you find there and then upload your PDF. If you don't delete the original you will find that your book contains both files.

I'm curious to know something: are there actually people who write a page or two, perhaps on a phone, and then upload it to their projects? When do you edit, proofread and revise the project? This needs to be done in its entirety, on your computer, over and over, before you even think about uploading.